Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

36 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I agree. I'm genuinely curious how the Saudi football experiment will turn out, wonder if it'll be anything like China which turned into a complete disaster. 

I hope so. I wont watch no matter who they sign. The nation responsible for killing our sport.

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

The fact that PIF only took ownership of the four top Saudi Pro League clubs approximately six weeks ago should set warning bells ringing.

Have a look at the pay structures of each team in the SPL and note that apart from recent "big name" additions, the average player earns £20,000 or often much less per week, and average transfer fees have been very low with a few exceptions.

So we would be naive to believe that Al Nassr, suddenly decided in January that they would be able to pay £177 million salary per year to Christiano Ronaldo. It's very unlikely that it would have been their own independent decision given that they had no previous history of "big" transfers. At the beginning of June we heard that PIF had taken control of the big four SPL teams, and that confirmed that Ronaldo's signing was the first shot in a campaign to destabilise football while at the same time making the Saudi Pro League the focus of world football discussion. The publicity they are now getting is incredible for a league that is currently ranked the 58th biggest football league in the World. 

That brings me to the point of this thread .... Diaby. Al Nassr's sudden apparent interest in a young player who has just turned 24 and is not currently playing for the French international team is surprising, as he doesn't have a particularly high profile at the moment. The fact that Al Nassr are apparently prepared to offer a huge transfer fee plus huge wages to a player who I'm guessing wasn't on their radar until Villa put in a bid for him, is concerning. Is this an early demonstration of PIF's intended modus operandi? Group interference in the proposed dealings of any club who are deemed a direct competitor to a PIF owned or funded club? This might sound unnecessarily alarmist, but remember just a year or so ago the golf world was laughing at the Saudi LIV Golf group, and now in the blink of an eye they own the golf world!

Money rules. PIF know this and both UEFA and FIFA have an abysmal track record when it comes to being confronted by dizzying sums of money.

I still firmly believe that Diaby will sign for us, because he appears to be a talented and committed young man, who will want to get back into a very good French international team and prove that he can star on the world's greatest footballing stage which is the Premier League.

I have the same Fears.....I suspect Newcastle, will not only have ( you may as well say) unlimited funds, they now have the advantage of not having to compete with the PIF funded teams.....That is some additional advantage, for them.

It may seem like a conspiracy theory, but those PIF funded teams can sabotage our deals in favour of Newcastle, who we will be competing against.....That's something we may have to contend with.

I hope we can circumnavigate this by switching targets, at the last minute.....We have to be nimble on our feet.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Another striker?  We have Watkins, Duran, Archer, Wesley and Davis 😜

😆 we’ve been calling for a striker for yonks… Diaby might be the “cover” for Watkins that we need, when he isn’t playing in his natural position etc.

One of Duran (more likely?) or Archer will go out on loan, I’m sure.

Wes (poor lad) and Davis (overdue)? 🥾🥾

• Like 1

It’s like Groundhog Day in here. 

Post 1 - Villa bid tweet 

Post 2 - Saudi bid tweet 

Post 3 - if he goes to Saudi it’s not the kind player we want. 

Post 4 - You can’t blame the guy for choosing that kind of money.

(a little argument about choosing money over aspirations and a few conspiracy theories then takes place)

Post 1 again - Villa new bid tweet. 

Rinse and repeat for the past 48 pages 🤣 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope so. I wont watch no matter who they sign. The nation responsible for killing our sport.

Although I agree with the sentiment, this is what a lot of overseas fans have been saying about the English league for a while.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

If Diaby chooses money over football aspirations, he’s not the type of player we want. Could be time to move on. He will be giving up any hope he has of playing for his country and playing meaningful competitive football for blood money. Not the type of character I want playing for my club.

Or just maybe he wants to be in the same league as the greatest player ever to pull on football boots !!!!!

Sure he'll be devastated to know that Galway Lion is disappointed in him, as he gets out of his Bugatti, to walk to his helicopter to visit the City he has built in his home town whilst securing the future of his family for generations.

On a serious note, as a Football fan myself, I think it's a bit rich for all the  "holier than thou" type outlooks which in truth, are purely from a football fan perspective.

At the end of the day, it's a job, and there are fine lines.

This isn't " Stay in Germany and earn 75 k per week, or go to England and earn 150 k per week "

It's go to Saudi and earn the value of the whole contract you were offered in 6 months type of deals.

99 percent of players would want to test and showcase themselves at the highest level, as with any job though, if you get a stupid offer, you may have to consider it.

For example, do you think Contractors and/or Oil and Gas seniors wouldn't rather be in Miami, than Iraq or Afghanistan?

Obviously I want him to join us, and would prefer the best in the Premier League, but i'm not going to start slamming all these lads without knowing the full context.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate what the hell are you on about ? They’ve signed a few over the hill players in their last contracts and a few other younger ones.

Killing our sport indeed! 🤣  

Get a grip.

22 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

Tony Morley wasn't very tall....just saying

No....5' 8 is ok for a winger......but you wouldn't want a team full of 5'8 players......anymore than you wouldn't want a team full of 6'4 players either.

its horses for courses.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Genuine question--what does that mean? I hear "gassed" etc a lot and don't know what it means.

Slang for hysterically funny. Am guessing it comes from laughing gas.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure he'll be devastated to know that Galway Lion is disappointed in him, as he gets out of his Bugatti, to walk to his helicopter to visit the City he has built in his home town whilst securing the future of his family for generations.

On a serious note, as a Football fan myself, I think it's a bit rich for all the  "holier than thou" type outlooks which in truth, are purely from a football fan perspective.

At the end of the day, it's a job, and there are fine lines.

This isn't " Stay in Germany and earn 75 k per week, or go to England and earn 150 k per week "

It's go to Saudi and earn the value of the whole contract you were offered in 6 months type of deals.

99 percent of players would want to test and showcase themselves at the highest level, as with any job though, if you get a stupid offer, you may have to consider it.

For example, do you think Contractors and/or Oil and Gas seniors wouldn't rather be in Miami, than Iraq or Afghanistan?

Obviously I want him to join us, and would prefer the best in the Premier League, but i'm not going to start slamming all these lads without knowing the full context.

I still think it’s players seeking out moves to Saudi Arabia rather than clubs coming in for them. Especially for younger players.

If he goes there then that was always his plan in my opinion.  

• Like 1

UEFA we’re quick enough to come down on Villa and Brighton regarding shared ownership. Maybe the powers that be should be more proactive and only allow U20 development players be loaned or transferred between multi ownership clubs.

Saudis are obviously trying to destabilise European football with sports washed blood money which has no relevance to the earnings of these clubs. 
Don’t expect FIFA to do anything though. What with Infatano now living in the Middle East since the Qatar World Cup !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Maybe it’s me, but if Diaby wants to go to Arabia, then he’s not serious as a player.

If he is serious he will be telling B.Leverkusen that he has no interest in playing there. Anything else is just nonsense.

Spot on.... If he goes there he was never right for us. 

We need players that 100% want to be here because they're ambitious and want to be part of the club. Any 24 year old going to Saudi does not care about being an elite player only an elite earner first and foremost. It's best we avoid that kind of player. 

If you lose a player to a rival in the same compo then questions should be asked of the club as to why. If you lose a player to pub football then questions should be asked of the player. Good luck to him if it's only about money at 24 and you've no ambition to be the best at what you do. 

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less what he does. Just another good player that has yet to prove anything other than he can cut it in Germany. It doesn't always translate and there is no guarantee he'd be a success in the PL anyway. 

I might be the only one but I'd be cool with the club sticking their fingers up to Leverkusen and the player and saying ta ra. I don't want us being held to ransom by anyone tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

UEFA we’re quick enough to come down on Villa and Brighton regarding shared ownership. Maybe the powers that be should be more proactive and only allow U20 development players be loaned or transferred between multi ownership clubs.

Saudis are obviously trying to destabilise European football with sports washed blood money which has no relevance to the earnings of these clubs. 
Don’t expect FIFA to do anything though. What with Infatano now living in the Middle East since the Qatar World Cup !

Laughable. The villa way...Still incredible that we were done for tapping up James Beattie, the only Club so punished, in the 2000s given how often if happened to us!

16 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

If Diaby chooses money over football aspirations, he’s not the type of player we want. Could be time to move on. He will be giving up any hope he has of playing for his country and playing meaningful competitive football for blood money. Not the type of character I want playing for my club.

Or just maybe he wants to be in the same league as the greatest player ever to pull on football boots !!!!!

Do you mean the one who was in the team we beat 3-1 in UE's first game?

However, I agree with your opening line.....We live in a world, where its hard to see past money.....Thankfully, there are people still in this world, that have other values, Its not as if most players in the Premier League are on the breadline, is it?.....They still have life funding wages.

I think folk also, need to remember the life style in these countries may be lavish, but there are also, some not so nice, conditions/under currents too, that no amount of money, may negate.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think it’s players seeking out moves to Saudi Arabia rather than clubs coming in for them. Especially for younger players.

If he goes there then that was always his plan in my opinion.  

Don't get me wrong, i'll revert to type and be joining you all in saying f*ck him if he goes there over us though 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â