Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

51 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well if he has no ambition he will go to Saudi Arabia

From what I read, he WANTS and prefers a move to us, and already agreed personal terms.

I assume the rest is down to the clubs and asking price.

Also, as bad as it sounds, if I were getting offered generational wealth type money in Saudi, i'd have to think about it.

We are just looking from a Football fan perspective.

As what is " ambition " .... is it to earn as much as possible from your career, or to live in Birmingham? lol

EDIT: Is your post about Diaby, or Henderson?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From what I read, he WANTS and prefers a move to us, and already agreed personal terms.

I assume the rest is down to the clubs and asking price.

Also, as bad as it sounds, if I were getting offered generational wealth type money in Saudi, i'd have to think about it.

We are just looking from a Football fan perspective.

As what is " ambition " .... is it to earn as much as possible from your career, or to live in Birmingham? lol

EDIT: Is your post about Diaby, or Henderson?

I think it's futile to try and compare being a footballer to our/normal work situations tbh. Sport is massively different - unless of course there's some continental competition that IT bods and accountants take part in hoping for glory and silverware that I've never heard of. 

Also - he'll be making a heap of money with us anyway. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Apologies, just playing catch-up on this thread...

Is Diaby now linked to Saudi Arabia? 

I heard last night Newcastlearabia were trying to tempt him also....

Apparently Al Nassr ( Ronaldos club ) are interested in him, but he wants to join us and has already agreed terms etc 

Seems the fee between clubs is the sticking point.

However if Al Nassr offer his club cash and him stupid money, who knows if it changes?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Most players will know they can have a proper career and then move to Saudi when they hit 32/33, still allowing them to accumulate wealth for generations to come

Who knows? I'm not sure it'll be this big revolutionary thing that some are claiming. I think they'll get bored after not too long. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Who knows? I'm not sure it'll be this big revolutionary thing that some are claiming. I think they'll get bored after not too long. 

Agreed, i cant imagine its the most pleasant place to live to boot, but maybe i'm being ignorant as I've got no desire to visit Dubai either!

Edited by MSvillain

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Agreed, i cant imagine its the most pleasant place to live to boot, but maybe i'm being ignorant as I've got no desire to visit Dubai either!

Tbh I think Saudi and Dubai are very different - but like you, I've no desire to see either. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Tbh I think Saudi and Dubai are very different - but like you, I've no desire to see either. 

yes, very different.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we lose him to Saudi I'll be disheartened with football.

Could be the slow death of the premier league, too much money on offer for the players to resist , everyone will be tempted 

10 minutes ago, Chine said:

Could be the slow death of the premier league, too much money on offer for the players to resist , everyone will be tempted 

Might make it better for the domestic league. Shitter players lower wages more competitive 

26 minutes ago, Chine said:

The premier league gets a taste of its own medicine I suppose 

• Like 2

I think football fans lose as the quality/effort will go down.  Might as well watch wrestling.  The acting is better

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

What?

As the players get tempted by even more money, I think the quality might improve  in the Middle East, while simultaneously weakening it here.  I don't think the sporting quality will improve.  So I hope it fails personally

Â