The Moral Maze - Age of Consent

Seat68

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Second 20 year old has now contacted the BBC making allegations

Also Police have asked BBC to pause their investigation

I mean it’s not lovely behaviour but is it really newsworthy??

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean it’s not lovely behaviour but is it really newsworthy??

I presume these dating apps have a block / ignore function?

So I don’t get what’s going on in this new claim either

I also presume they have an age filter function?
You would imagine a young person would set that to an appropriate age

The young person also says they threatened to out the BBC Presenter, well that asks more questions again, that they received abusive phone calls after threatening to out the person is hardly a shock

I presume that also means the young person had given their phone number to he presenter in the first place?
I honestly have no clue about dating apps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

So I found out that Helen Skelton is only 17 in that video.

IMG_8596.gif.8aeeaadecaadb5228f96d816f0dff011.gif

This is news. I wish I'd found this video before you just said that. I had no idea there was one about. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that the first young person and his parents are estranged. You also only have their word for it that he’s a drug addict.

Yeah that's why I said "potentially" as it's all just different conflicting accounts drip fed to public via different new outlets of varying journalistic reputation. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Being as everyone knows who it is, don't watch the episode of The Thick of it entitled Spinners and Losers

Yeah I saw that clip doing the rounds on Twitter but didn’t want to post it. Amusing though.

I saw an episode of the chase today and the same person referenced in the thick of it formed part of a question in the final head to head.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

I presume these dating apps have a block / ignore function?

So I don’t get what’s going on in this new claim either

Yeah nothing to see with this one except someone who’s been paid for some pretty benign information so the s*n can keep the story going a few more days.

Hmm. Backtracking on the under 18 thing. 

I've been wondering where the criticism of Only Fans is here. They've apparently been hosting a 17 olds photos for sale yet I've not seen any questions about that whatsoever in the news. 

Maybe he was 18 then. 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hmm. Backtracking on the under 18 thing. 

I've been wondering where the criticism of Only Fans is here. They've apparently been hosting a 17 olds photos for sale yet I've not seen any questions about that whatsoever in the news. 

Maybe he was 18 then. 

Is there any confirmation that it was OnlyFans? 35k would be a huge amount of money for one person to spend on OF. 

Been listening to the Newsagents. They know who it is. They also think it’s a lot more complicated than people think otherwise the Sun would have named the person.  

They SPECULATED that extortion or blackmail MIGHT be involved

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Been listening to the Newsagents. They know who it is. They also think it’s a lot more complicated than people think otherwise the Sun would have named the person.  

They SPECULATED that extortion or blackmail MIGHT be involved

There definitely is more to this than is currently in the public domain as it makes little sense at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

There definitely is more to this than is currently in the public domain as it makes little sense at this stage.

They had a previous editor of the Sun on and he said the same thing. Basically that he couldn’t see why they wouldn’t have named him, and also why they wouldn’t have done more of a story when it broke. 

It’s pure speculation of course. But they were just saying it’s not straight forward

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is there any confirmation that it was OnlyFans? 35k would be a huge amount of money for one person to spend on OF. 

Initial contact was supposed to be via only fans then taken offline..... I believe 

Â