Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Maybe. Even the 2000s era shield was really different from the 90s shield with prepared in a scroll underneath. 

Yep, there are obvious differences and versions, modernisations of some elements and dropping of others, but the basic components of it having a shield and a lion have been in place for a long time.

I can see an argument for moving away from that, I can see the argument for sticking to it, proper global branding is a bit above my level of expertise to be honest, so I can't say for certain if we've chosen the right option in this regard.

4 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Of course we are qualified to judge it!

We can also take the ultimate decision not to buy it if we don't like it.

Unfortunately in the world of football the companies trying to sell us things know we are somewhat compelled to purchase high priced tickets, crap beer, food and rubbish merchandise because its "our club".

I've long since stopped buying any club merchandise and only buy the odd (overpriced) pint from the Holte end bar. However this year they have a window of opportunity with me as i actually want to buy something. The feel good factor has won me over and I'm just hoping they wont let me down with the "look" of things!

It my choice its not forced on me.

Lets see what happens.

Completely agree.  

I know I won’t buy the shirt this year with that thing on it.  

However good the shirt is, that monstrosity will still stick out and annoy me.

Just hope there is some other merch that appeals to me that I might buy.

• Like 1

No worries JV, I am over it! I have always felt the North stand decision way, way more important for us than the badge as we simply need the infrastructure to compete with the top clubs whereas the badge is something that can always be improved on.

• Like 1

Well if the majority of the fan base are against the badge as some claim on here why doesn’t one of you start a person like Leeds fans did which gathered 77’000 votes against their truly awful proposed badge rebrand. The overall majority of fans eligible couldn’t be bothered to answer the clubs consultations on two occasions which can be read many different ways. 

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry lads but this actually looks damn good to me here... The hated " drop shadow " actually achieved what it was meant to... **** JV goes scurrying into hiding from @Jas10 and @Captain_Townsend for being a traitor 👀

giphy.gif

😉

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry lads but this actually looks damn good to me here... The hated " drop shadow " actually achieved what it was meant to... **** JV goes scurrying into hiding from @Jas10 and @Captain_Townsend for being a traitor 👀

spacer.png

• Sad 1

Can’t comprehend how anyone could truly believe or say that there is some sort of improvement here… we’ve made it worse… it’s so ugly when you put them next to each other:

spacer.png

spacer.png

🤢 

what a complete and utter waste of time and resources and misleading of fans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t comprehend how anyone could truly believe or say that there is some sort of improvement here… we’ve made it worse… it’s so ugly when you put them next to each other:

spacer.png

spacer.png

🤢 

Even putting the rubber lion from the top one on the new one would be an improvement.

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree.

It's clean, fresh and defines us as Aston Villa not AVFC (I never really liked that).

The white star and 1874 tones pretty well, yeah I quite like it.

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

dropshadow-nightmare.png

got to admit, the drop shadow is doing a job 

I mean, if we are going to have a shadow around the lion, surely we have to do it with the lettering as well? Like, from a technicality POV? 

Just now, Tayls said:

I mean, if we are going to have a shadow around the lion, surely we have to do it with the lettering as well? Like, from a technicality POV? 

You could, but not as necessary.. as the dropshodow (in this case) is creating a bit of separation between the light blue and yellow.  It’s a technical addition rather than an aesthetic choice  

For whatever it's worth, the Mrs has no skin in this game. 

As an outsider she's liking the badge from yesterday's tweet or whatever it was. She doesn't care for the circle badge as it looks like everybody else whilst the shield is more unique and recognisable.

I love the circle design if the lion was the other way around but I also completely see where she's coming from.

Just match the badge colours to the shirt rather than the blue of the shirt being different and it'll be a much easier acceptance.

I for one am glad to see the back of the round badge and yes I would take the new one over that.. I never wanted the round one and all season I thought it just looked wrong. I do wish we moved away from the randy lerner design however you can't deny that when promoting our brand and building a future of a club competing at the top end of the table no else has anything like it. It IS Aston Villa. 

After all the progress made so far under NSWE and Emery I back them 100%

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

🤢 

To play devil's advocate here, you keep showing this version of the Lerner badge, but that isn't how the badge looked digitally.

The detail was from the shirt manufacturer for that season, and there's nothing stopping Adidas from doing that again in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StanBalaban said:

To play devil's advocate here, you keep showing this version of the Lerner badge, but that isn't how the badge looked digitally.

The detail was from the shirt manufacturer for that season, and there's nothing stopping Adidas from doing that again in the future.

That’s fair a point..

has there been an embroidered that iteration of the Lerner badge? 

Â