Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Remove the white star and white 1874.

Then either make the lion bigger and leave it alone with Aston Villa, or move the lion down and put the 1874 in Claret above it 

Not happening mate… it’s gonna either be this or the plain yellow drop shadow crap. I think it’s best to stop hoping for or expecting anything better than this version here.

Unless they decide to use just the lion on the shirts. But the crest will be one of the two.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Aggressive? Maybe we could have a lion depending on how we are feeling at any particular time

Constipated 

IMG_2010.jpeg.1900522a00a674b07e8cc375da83e919.jpeg

caught doing something naughty

IMG_2011.jpeg.e3aa7c574f2071a56fd5e3432db4774d.jpeg

VAR takes too long and makes another bad call

IMG_2012.jpeg.86adea94101624baa9c376e16fe2a0c4.jpeg

Drunk

IMG_2013.jpeg.3fe47658204fca73b0f7aaf4fa9a3cdf.jpeg

Bad Hair Day

IMG_2014.jpeg.44f3dcce345dbf0d8943900135f90c14.jpeg

After a pump at the gym

IMG_2015.jpeg.376f64135a0492f932817a5ee7a3cb7b.jpeg

Feeling Summer Cool

IMG_2016.jpeg.90619064f6f077d476ff9211b0505029.jpeg

In Disguise

IMG_2017.jpeg.481739e12dfea40bab545df6b2ddbcdf.jpeg

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Leo from Gripsholm Castle always be the premier lion.

Legenden Leo - Kungliga slotten18th century - What is the real story of the Lion of Gripsholm Castle? -  History Stack Exchange

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not happening mate… it’s gonna either be this or the plain yellow drop shadow crap. I think it’s best to stop hoping for or expecting anything better than this version here.

Unless they decide to use just the lion on the shirts. But the crest will be one of the two.

The only hope left is that they say this badge is for the 150th and we get a new permanent badge for the following season.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The only hope left is that they say this badge is for the 150th and we get a new permanent badge for the following season.

We have to stop faffing about and wasting time and resources… it’s embarrassing and not a good look either. Doesn’t help our cause… we need stability not disruption.

Pick one and stick with it. If we’re signing up with big companies and designers… we can’t be back n forth on this kind of crap, they won’t stand for it. 

Heck has also said this is going to be our long term option too.

Doesn’t seem like we have much choice other than to tolerate what we end up with tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

What is actually the current situation with the badge? I'm so lost.

We’re just waiting on confirmation or an announcement… common sense would lead us to believe that it’s going to be one of the trademarked designs.

With Adidas on board and new kits designed and probably revealed in the near future… the decision has already been made and it’s unlikely to be anything new or surprising.

Wait and see…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

What is actually the current situation with the badge? I'm so lost.

It got leaked and everyone laughed at it pointing out it was absolutely shit.

Club shat themselves and thought we'll just lie low as things are going well on the pitch.

It'll happen again with ticket price increases. Say nothing and hope the noise goes away.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Between the two, yes the more detailed lion is 1000 percent the lesser of two " evils " lol

As i mentioned the other day, I kinda have a feeling the badge will be broken down into elements.

Gold Lion only on the kits maybe?

57 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Between the two, yes the more detailed lion is 1000 percent the lesser of two " evils " lol

As i mentioned the other day, I kinda have a feeling the badge will be broken down into elements.

Gold Lion only on the kits maybe?

The dream, but very unlikely, scenario now 😆

Best we could hope for.

What a farcical shitshow all round.

55 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think both of those badges will be used going forward, depending on the setting.

We’ve got the most badges, you’ll never sing that!! 🎶

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With our last home game nine days away, I wonder if the club might take the opportunity to launch things then

If we make the final, then I guess there's a good reason to delay a little and we might wait until contracts end with existing suppliers anyway and launch in July, but I guess there is a chance we could go on the 13th in some way.

Perhaps with us severing ties with Castore (rather than waiting for the contract to end) that would let us reveal kits a bit earlier in the future. We always seem to be last and the reason before was because contracts began/ended in late June. But maybe this is the time to reset the start time for our contracts? 

You can detail it up as much as you like, it still looks like it came off a Chad Valley toddler dress up set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Much prefer this, detailing requires contrast

That one is contrasted with black shading.

Didn't someone do one with Claret shading as well?

Which would probably be the best compromise.

Either way, I think I can live with the shaded Lion, probably moreso out of relief that it's not the yellow on pale blue splodge.

I think it will look alot more regal and better in the flesh in fairness.

The white must be to differentiate us and match our shorts I now realise.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think both of those badges will be used going forward, depending on the setting.

How embarrassing.

From a "branding expert" no less.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That one is contrasted with black shading.

Didn't someone do one with Claret shading as well?

Which would probably be the best compromise.

Either way, I think I can live with the shaded Lion, probably moreso out of relief that it's not the yellow on pale blue splodge.

I think it will look alot more regal and better in the flesh in fairness.

The white must be to differentiate us and match our shorts I now realise.

West Ham used to always use white, gold was usually our sort of 'third' colour if you will

• Like 1

Â