Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

9 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Wasn’t there a meeting tonight?

There was, for the formal meetings, the club produce notes which are then published - that'll be in a few days time.

The crest was top of the agenda.

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There was, for the formal meetings, the club produce notes which are then published - that'll be in a few days time.

I know you can’t say specifics but would it be better if I had an alcoholic drink in my hand when I read it?

Or at least it was a positive or negative meeting?

Was Heck there?

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Please just give us a thumbs up or down.

Will there be any news soon from the club? 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Please just give us a thumbs up or down.

Will there be any news soon from the club? 

I'm hoping not.  I'm hoping for a new kit manufacturer, new kit, new main shirt sponsor and new badge quadruple-whammy update.  And given that two are impacted by existing commercial agreements they won't be able to be officially confirmed for a while.

Edited by allani

39 minutes ago, andycv said:

Other than the club crest and c@ck s!cking, what else was on the agenda?

• Season ticket prices will be around double of 23/24 prices
  • Colours will be changed to red and blue
  • We will not be called Aston Villa Football Club anymore, it will be Aston Villa Club with no dominant sport as a focus.
  • Fans will no longer be called ‘Fans’ but will be referred to depending on tiers with…
  1. current season tickets holders in “scum tier”
  2. corporate guests as “friends tier”
  3. sponsors in “family tier”
  4. single game fans “easy money tier”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Unfortunately I can't tell you much at all, work commitments meant that I couldn't be there in person.

Ugh the suspense in reading this page 😜!!!

31 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

“You’ll get what you’re given and we’ve done nothing wrong…ever.”  That’s the vibe from the FAB meeting notes.  

So Villa says they haven't been told that they've breached the FA's Heritage Asset rules. Although regardless of whether they have or not (or if they've been warned that they might), they've delayed the desired release date by over 3 months, trademarked a 'different' badge, and had to have 'extensive' talks with the FA. All for a badge that most fans don't seem to like. Quite the fiasco.

• Like 1

I might be ploughing a lone farrow here but what I read between the lines is not that it less about frantic attempts to make the badge better and / or to get it approved by the FA (because that has already happened insofar as the FA have said that the correct process is being followed) but potentially more about lining it up to coincide with the Adidas deal and possibly even a new kit?  Ideally there would also be a new shirt sponsor to go with that - although I'd have hoped that there might have been a tiny hint towards that in the response to the question on gambling sponsorship.  I think one "launch" of all makes a lot of sense in terms of raising the profile of the event and triggering media / partner engagement and interest.  However, I can also see that if that happens then it could be claimed that it is all about burying the new badge in other news.

• Like 2

Â