Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Some people have already seen next season’s shirts or the designs… and shown it to others (e.g. Paddy on the Love of Paul McGrath podcast, Dan Bardell knows someone who has…)

Some will have seen the new badge too…

This guy has been very vocal and defended the club’s stance or remit on the badge design… has said he can/won’t make/design mockups for free…

He would get quite the backlash if these weren’t legit and real,  and while he has been using the tags he has….

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Some people have already seen next season’s shirts or the designs… and shown it to others (e.g. Paddy on the Love of Paul McGrath podcast, Dan Bardell knows someone who has…)

This guy has been very vocal and defended the club’s stance or remit on the badge design… has said he can/won’t make/design mockups for free…

He would get quite the backlash if these weren’t legit and real,  and while he has been using the tags he has….

If it is real then I find it a bit amateurish by Villa.

I loved the way we were quite upfront about these matters in the past. There was a certain dignity around how we announced things. The 10am Club statement for example.

The guessing game with some randomer online s, if it turns out to be legit, is a bit silly.

That said, it is a major improvement on the original leak so fair play!

Edited by Captain_Townsend

On 12/01/2024 at 14:17, Jas10 said:

Hoping the digital version is just as different, probably some other way, as this appears to be…

There are other shades we can use for the lion than basic plain yellow.

Or even something like this:

This is from one week ago. Guess the crest shown here today is fake.

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If it is real then I find it a bit amateurish by Villa.

I loved the way we were quite upfront about these matters in the past. There was a certain dignity around how we announced things. The 10am Club statement for example.

The guessing game with some randomer online s, if it turns out to be legit, is a bit silly.

That said, it is a major improvement on the original leak so fair play!

Well… the horrific trademarked design was leaked early by someone too so…

I’m just relieved both versions of the badge look nothing like that…

that will always look terrible…

If we can finally move forwards now, it will be a relief…

Fed up of all this tbh…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

So the club who have probably spent a fair bit of money creating an announcement have let this poster tweet three pictures over the last week.  

Only a small group of people would’ve seen it so they’d know who was tweeting if it was real.  That person would be talked to.

One picture leak I can take but three over a week from that tweeter and the club didn’t do anything after the first tweet, more so the second tweet….nope, I don’t think that would happen especially as this tweeter is a graphic designer, his reputation in the industry would be mud if he released a product before the company wanted to.

Just now, villa82 said:

This is from one week ago. Guess the crest shown here today is fake.

It was based on the image of the badge on the shirt which was revealed sooner…

Anyway… all we can do it wait and see but I’m feeling more positive and hopeful.

The trademarked design scared the crap out of me…

Just now, Jas10 said:

Well… the horrific trademarked design was leaked early by someone too so…

Wasn’t leaked it was trademarked, which is on public government system.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So the club who have probably spent a fair bit of money creating an announcement have let this poster tweet three pictures over the last week.  

Only a small group of people would’ve seen it so they’d know who was tweeting if it was real.  That person would be talked to.

One picture leak I can take but three over a week from that tweeter and the club didn’t do anything after the first tweet, more so the second tweet….nope, I don’t think that would happen especially as this tweeter is a graphic designer, his reputation in the industry would be mud if he released a product before the company wanted to.

I can’t say for sure… maybe you’re right… I’d be very surprised…

I just want this ordeal to be over with 😆

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t say for sure… maybe you’re right… I’d be very surprised…

I’d be far from surprised that somebody would fake something on social media to get attention.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

maybe the club want it leaked. It does happen where companies legitimately get things leaked to suit the narrative.

Just saying it happens

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

maybe the club want it leaked. It does happen where companies legitimately get things leaked to suit the narrative.

Just saying it happens

Yeah they do but generally through more professional sources like journalists or so forth and not a random fan that could use it to gain followers and post further random stuff. Generally it’s though very trusted sources so I doubt Heck would be trusting this Boots poster.  It could happen but I still doubt a new CEO, after the backlash of the TM version is going to trust some random.  I could be wrong.

On the 12th Jan he posted part of this badge with the specific comment "the new badge" and tagged Villa into it.  Surely if it was fake, Villa would have told him to take it down. 

Also if he's a graphic designer, his reputation is going to be trash if he's posting fake stuff and calling it the actual badge.

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s nice… looking good on fabric here…

spacer.png

Very nice. But also no reason to believe this is legit? It simply isn’t the one copyrighted so why would we think this is it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

On the 12th Jan he posted part of this badge with the specific comment "the new badge" and tagged Villa into it.  Surely if it was fake, Villa would have told him to take it down. 

Also if he's a graphic designer, his reputation is going to be trash if he's posting fake stuff and calling it the actual badge.

Yep… I’ve seen several of his comments… I’d be surprised if this is fake… he’s gonna get a heap of abuse if it is…

Â