Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Caravella82 said:

I don't mean to alarm anyone but there is a possibility that the Gold lion will only exist for the 150th anniversary year and then revert back to Yellow! 

We don’t even know if the gold lion version is a club version. It’s just from some Twitter dude and not from any Club channel.  It could be a leak but it could just some fan wanting attention.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I said it after the Adidas deal. Why don't we wait and see before we lose our shit. 

Because then it’s done and nothing can change.  Given Heck said it would be released a few weeks after his interview, it can only be because of the backlash that it’s been delayed, hopefully changed although unlikely.  Once it’s released the horse has bolted and there is definitely nothing that can be done.  At least now we’ve got in the FA’s ears and looks like club have had to delay announcement.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

That looks perfectly fine. I like the gold lion, infinitely better than the pale yellow on the Lerner badge. Also says Aston Villa which is essential IMO. Not a huge fan of the white details.

If that gold lion is on the kit and looks as sexy as those photos suggest, then I’m very happy to accept the badge and move on for life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Blame the fans for insisting on having that stupid star still

Well this is it isn’t it. I don’t like the 1874 and the star either but ultimately the majority of the fan base do and fan consultation is what people want.

Im honestly badge fatigued now and I was probably moaning amongst the most. Now I’m ready to just accept it and move on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Has anyone tried to mock up the badge with the gold lion? I haven’t seen one. Hint hint. 

There is a mock-up on here from twitter a few days ago which had the yellow lion, overlayed with the detailed lion and it looked decent.

I assume it would look something similar to that but would love to see a properockup too!

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

You're the one assuming you're right: "other people rightly do care".

I care about us having a lion insignia: check.

Being represented by our great name Aston Villa: check.

Playing in claret and blue: check.

Being successful on the pitch and financially viable off it: check.

The rest is nice to have but a bonus, and quite often a distraction, as your posts are proving.

A simple like does not justify how I feel about this post.

• Thanks 1

I think the star, if there needs to be one should be above the badge. I'm not taken with having it next to the lion. Anyway, it's the last moan I'll have on the subject..... until there is something else to moan about. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Caravella82 said:

I don't mean to alarm anyone but there is a possibility that the Gold lion will only exist for the 150th anniversary year and then revert back to Yellow! 

Pitchforks at the ready, lads!

• Like 1

It's time we binned that pissing star. It's small time. It's all oh look at us. And it's not done proper ie proudly above the badge.

It also destroys any balance in the badge.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Looks decent actually. Stick a crown at the top of the crest and I’d be even happier with that!

Give it a few years and we'll have the by royal appointment stamp on our crest 😉

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Give it a few years and we'll have the by royal appointment stamp on our crest 😉

Id love it if we became the first club to be able to use the word Royal before our name. (In the UK). 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Royal Antwerp?

In the UK… 

Why did you go for them and not the obvious one anyway? (Taking translation into account) 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

In the UK… 

Why did you go for them and not the obvious one anyway? (Taking translation into account) 

Because I’m not very clever and that came straight to mind

• Like 1

Â