Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Disgraceful… but why? Where was the sense or motive in that?

It was simply ego. And petty. He had no interest in Aston Villa's successful history. It was about him.

He was, after all, a Director at Birmingham City before he came to us.

Just now, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

This guy is absolutely spot on. I'd just written the following, which essentially aligns with him but in a more frustrated way - but he's gone into more depth and been more constructive, to be fair.

From the excitement of having a brand spanking new/refreshed brand identity with all of its possibilities, to the fury of seeing what we’re apparently getting, to the despondency of it probably not being fixed.

This is our primary identity, it should be a new classic made to last for generations of fans, and it’s fundamentally wrong. Not due to personal preferences, it’s just off from a design point of view.

I'm now not don’t care which way the lion is facing, or even which lion it is. Or if it has 1874 or a star. It shouldn’t be a case of making do, but if you have to do your own version of the crest, Chris - which you didn’t appear to ask anyone about - at least respect the feedback of what seems like every single fan who is supposed to adore it, and fix the sh*tstorm you’ve created. I don’t care where things are at in production, we’re used to late shirts. 

So please, just at least sort the colours out so that that we have a contrasting combination, negating any question of a bloody drop shadow; and arrange the elements so that it balances - Aston Villa at the top, ideally.

I’m fairly confident just looking at it that the new crest has not been made nor approved by someone who understands basic composition, which is as concerning as it is infuriating. 

Maybe we need an official Villa design consortium...

Fix it, bin it, or start again properly and use a current badge for our special anniversary next season. Pretty please. This is important.

I’m encouraged… if this is something that the FAB/Trust are going to use and Mr Haynes is involved… it makes their “argument” and case even stronger… what they’re going to put to the FA and the club… if they’ll bother to listen! 

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's quite simply not.

You can claim his redesign isn't or doesnt look good to your taste, but it's better than the one he critiqued because its actually visible when scaled down.  The new one we've is trademarked is an abomination.

That said, I do think his redesign is using more freedom than the version Heck came up with was allowed. If he said we have to keep the colours and the old lion, there's nothing that could have been done to produce a good badge. 

Of course it's about my taste. I can only speak for myself, and I think the Heck one is better (but I don't like the colours, drop shadow or the pants lion as I say).

I still maintain last year's gaslamp was the best option I've seen.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Just now, Stephen_Evans said:

It looks like a proper Villa badge to me.

Sure does matey!

Wish we’d have gotten something like this in the first place and avoided all this bother!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

It’s not that drastic a change though…

still suing a shield that has been moved/changed

Using the same link but adding detail to it and changing it to a colour that works so much better

Retains the same light blue background and actually makes good use of it

Kept the same sort of text and positioning as the leaked one 

I think it’s brilliant and assuming it was done fairly quickly… believe he could make it even better given time…

The lion is slightly different beyond just the additional in-fur detail. Making it the same lion it would still be better so it's kind of moot anyway.

But I dont think the "evolution" Heck has confirmed up with permitted a change of the lion colour. So on that limitation, whatever we ended up with was going to be rubbish. If he allows a colour change, then it can be worked with.

Although in fairness to @Rolta he's got a point, that crest has been packaged and presented in 3D with lighting and fabric effect etc.

All we've seen of the rumoured new one , is a low pixelated flat trademark image withought any context or Brand kit!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a 75 year old man in Air Jordans and a backwards cap.

I never could see those duck/rabbit two in one pictures

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Of course it's about my taste. I can only speak for myself, and I think the Heck one is better (but I don't like the colours, drop shadow or the pants lion as I say).

I still maintain last year's gaslamp was the best option I've seen.

It's the colours that just make it impossible to like. If the colours are swapped and the lion isn't lost (and then doesn't need a drop shadow) it's serviceable. But without that  and then the resulting need for the drop shadow to make it stand out at a smaller scale, makes it terrible.

Maybe have the same views though really, as I agree with the last bit and voted for the gaslamp myself!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So he took the best part of a decade to replace the crest?

Hmmm

I know what you are saying, but you only have to read about that particular part of our history do realise the ongoing damage he did to our club over many years.

Even many years later, it was disgraceful how he treated our successful players from that time.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He may have put them together quite quickly as a demonstration… could easily be improved with a bit of tinkering.

I mean this in the nicest possible way… but I prefer them to your AV design too…

Something a bit different and “fresh”

and really pops off the shirt… a good starting point I think…

Regardless, his critiques are all relevant 

Mate, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to be offended by it. But I am also entitled to mine.

I think it's good, but far from perfect and I will always strive for better.

• Like 1

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

Mate, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to be offended by it. But I am also entitled to mine.

I think it's good, but far from perfect and I will always strive for better.

Of course mate, and I respect and like the quality of your work.

I’m just talking specific designs.

You’re a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than the likes of me too!

I respect your opinion… but I just disagree 😆

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

The final design is absolutely stunning. The best I’ve seen.

IMG_7054.jpeg

The thing about this design is that, even if there was something else I preferred, this one captures something that Heck’s doesn’t.  It’s hard to put into words.  The claret on blue, the gold border and the lovely shape.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

The final design is absolutely stunning. The best I’ve seen.

IMG_7054.jpeg

It makes me absolutely furious seeing all of these options that are miles better than the absolute shit that we’re getting 

• Like 3

Â