Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why? The shape of the shield is different as is the design compared to the Lerner crest? where is the cost saving because as I see it it all still needs to be replaced? Even the lion although the same is positioned differently. How are we cost saving because the savings, as I've said previously seem negligible? 

# imclutchingatstraws … 

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

No, he deferred it immediately.  There was smewnt to be a big launch for the final home game and it got cancelled. Then he announced the round badge would be on the shirt only then in September that it would be replaced. 

Well, then the launch was delayed until the numbers were crunched and clarified, he may have taken one look and thought 'We need a second opinion on that figure'.

Also, he may well have been sounded out and presented with some of this data long in advance of his appointment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I believe, after a quick Google, Heck was appointed in May 2023 and the crest was announced as cancelled in September 2023, seems plenty of time to have crunched the numbers to me.

I agree that the owners have never held back on investment, but at the same time, successful business people do not endlessly plough money into a project without considering if they'll get it back at some point, if the figures don't add up they'll pull the plug.

The crest was basically pulled on May 23rd. That was when it was due to be formally launched and that was pulled at the last minute, literally days after Heck was appointed on 17th May. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, thabucks said:

# imclutchingatstraws … 

I'm asking a genuine question. I keep seeing posters(not just yourself) mention how this is a cost saving exercise but I don't see how it can be. All the signage, templates, character positioning will all be different and need to be replaced so I'm just struggling to understand where the savings are coming from.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why? The shape of the shield is different as is the design compared to the Lerner crest? where is the cost saving because as I see it it all still needs to be replaced? Even the lion although the same is positioned differently. How are we cost saving because the savings, as I've said previously seem negligible? 

Yeah… there is still plenty of change to carry out and we have at least 3 different versions of the flipping lion around the place… it’s a mess.

The worst version of the lion is still there too:

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

OMG WHEN are the club going to SAY SOMETHING about this?!!!

Hopefully they’re having second thoughts and realising how bad this is…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah… there is still plenty of change to carry out and we have at least 3 different versions of the flipping lion around the place… it’s a mess.

The worst version of the lion is still there too:

spacer.png

Well, the way I see it is has nothing to do with saving money. It's Heck wanting his own ideas pushed forward and implemented for a reason I can only see as some personal ego trip. 

I'll moonwalk like Wacko Jacko though if someone can actually produce some info on actually how the club will be saving money. 

I dont understand why we care about the cost saving of a brand evolution rather than redesign is a factor.

Those costs don't affect our FFP position in the PL or the wage ratio requirements of Uefa.

Why save money here, its not like we can then spent it on players instead anyway?

Going the full rebrand route let's us drop what we had, have a new "crisp" version that gets a associated with our first season back the champions league and we use it to build our reputation on. Keep the crappy yellow on light blue and we then are forever cursed with a logo that doesnt stand out from its background and curses us for decades more.

I don't get it.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We were claret thiugh so isn't that too much claret

Well… it’s broken up by the blue border and gold. And we could have a slightly different shade on the shirt compared to the badge… I think we’ve probably exhausted all of them anyway 😂

But we can also have variations and monochrome versions etc.

A special edition, gold, embroidered badge, even shirt, would be something nice and iconic to celebrate our 150th anniversary for example…

But Heck and co simply don’t have the imagination, creativity or ambition to come up with anything like that do they?

Mind you… maybe we have some sort of related reveal regarding the/new kit related to that… but… this shitty new badge… 😬

Edited by Jas10

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I dont understand why we care about the cost saving of a brand evolution rather than redesign is a factor.

Those costs don't affect our FFP position in the PL or the wage ratio requirements of Uefa.

Why save money here, its not like we can then spent it on players instead anyway?

Going the full rebrand route let's us drop what we had, have a new "crisp" version that gets a associated with our first season back the champions league and we use it to build our reputation on. Keep the crappy yellow on light blue and we then are forever cursed with a logo that doesnt stand out from its background and curses us for decades more.

I don't get it.

Nothing Heck announces ever makes sense.

21 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Well, then the launch was delayed until the numbers were crunched and clarified, he may have taken one look and thought 'We need a second opinion on that figure'.

Also, he may well have been sounded out and presented with some of this data long in advance of his appointment.

There is no way in the world he would have been given any sensitive data until he signed his contract and had started his role. That’s just basic employment law.

At the end of the day it’s all conjecture so we can either believe that a, Heck did this as his first act because of self imposed cost constraints or b, he just thought he could do better and totally and utterly buggered it up, as he buggered up the AV150 mark, and as he buggered up the Holte suite etc etc etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There is no way in the world he would have been given any sensitive data until he signed his contract and had started his role. That’s just basic employment law.

At the end of the day it’s all conjecture so we can either believe that a, Heck did this as his first act because of self imposed cost constraints or b, he just thought he could do better and totally and utterly buggered it up, as he buggered up the AV150 mark, and as he buggered up the Holte suite etc etc etc. 

Don't forget new North stand the biggest one of all.

There’s something else going on with the North stand I think. Just the timing of the new minority shareholders, the north stand announcement, zero consultation or discussion with Andy Street’s office etc. None of it passes the sniff test. 

At the end of the day the club can’t be completely transparent with us on everything so I would understand if he’s playing his cards close to his chest re such a big project. Time will tell what’s really going on at the moment with the North Stand. 

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

There is every way in the world, it's common for data to be used in an interview process, especially at a high level such as this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the owners consulted Heck with concerns about the figures for the rebrand and in part employed him based on his response.

It is all conjecture, I'm just looking logically looking for reasons rather than blindly trying to attribute blame.

We have amazing owners, but it should come as no surprise that they will pull projects if they are not financially viable, that's just good business and they are good businessmen. I have no idea why people find that so hard to believe.

I'm done with this, I've neither the time nor the hunger to argue with you or @Captain_Townsend any further, believe whatever you want.

Â