Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Unless there is absolutely toxic, widespread and unignorable furore any the badge, they aren't going to be changing anything. The decision is made, the ball is rolling, we've got a crime on the shirt for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm surprised we've not had some kind of message from the club yet.

The brand relaunch was ruined by either being too incompetent to realise that IPO submissions are public, or being naive enough to think nobody would be paying attention, people have been shitting all over it for 48 hours, and it's just radio silence.

Not exactly rushing to control the narrative are they. What the **** are they all playing at, have they not come back from their Christmas holidays yet?

Because it wasn't released, just that some eagle-eyed fans spotted in the patent office. It beggars believe they didn't even think that could have been possible. 

We are all in the blame Heck game at the moment, but didn't the first signs of things not being right when they delayed the launch of this season crest at the end of last season? Wasn't the original plan to do a big launch for the Brighton home game? Wasn't that before even Heck joined Villa?

24 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Wasn’t the badge due for release this week?

I wonder if Heck & co have doubled back..

The kits will be made soon, so  no they won't.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

The kits will be made soon, so  no they won't.

We've established that there's no need for the badge on the kit to have any relation to the club badge, so what's the problem? :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Because it wasn't released, just that some eagle-eyed fans spotted in the patent office. It beggars believe they didn't even think that could have been possible. 

We are all in the blame Heck game at the moment, but didn't the first signs of things not being right when they delayed the launch of this season crest at the end of last season? Wasn't the original plan to do a big launch for the Brighton home game? Wasn't that before even Heck joined Villa?

No that happened at the time Heck arrived. Somebody confirmed it somewhere.  They shot a video for releasing the new badge and Heck over ruled it.

• Thanks 1

The consultation was completed by Oct 13th and new badge was shared with FAB and registers as Trademark on 21st Dec. Whilst this isn’t a huge amount of time given approvals, revisions etc. it is surely long enough to produce something more inspiring that what has been shared. It’s no exaggeration to say that the shared crest could have been knocked up in an hour or two. It uses almost entirely recycled images, fonts and motifs, and basic shapes.
This MUST have been produce in house, right? Or will a design house have this badge proudly displayed on their portfolio webpage soon like Dragon Rouge does with the current badge? Not if they want to work again in the future!

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

No that happened at the time Heck arrived. Somebody confirmed it somewhere.  They shot a video for releasing the new badge and Heck over ruled it.

He's rapidly taking on the profile of a thoroughly unlikeable character, this guy...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know it wasn't released officially, I say as much, what surprises me (astonishes me, frankly), is that Heck and our PR department have let us talk about it for 2 days without so much as commenting on the blunder

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The consultation was completed by Oct 13th and new badge was shared with FAB and registers as Trademark on 21st Dec. Whilst this isn’t a huge amount of time given approvals, revisions etc. it is surely long enough to produce something more inspiring that what has been shared. It’s no exaggeration to say that the shared crest could have been knocked up in an hour or two. It uses almost entirely recycled images, fonts and motifs, and basic shapes.
This MUST have been produce in house, right? Or will a design house have this badge proudly displayed on their portfolio webpage soon like Dragon Rouge does with the current badge? Not if they want to work again in the future!

Fits in with the current saving money-at-all-costs approach.

NWSE might have said to Heck  that ok we are happy for you to scrap the new crest but we are not paying again for a out of house design company so draw it yourself.

• Haha 2

There's no way a design house touched that badge. It's bad in so many ways that a business doing this kind of branding work wouldn't have released that, it reflects so badly on a standard of work.

It's **** appalling.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's no way a design house touched that badge. It's bad in so many ways that a business doing this kind of branding work wouldn't have released that, it reflects so badly on a standard of work.

It's **** appalling.

That’s what I thought. It’ll be a good advert for MS clip art though 😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rosch said:

I highly doubt that we'll see that badge on a shirt.  Trademarks get abandoned all the time, even after completing examination.  Is there anything other than that filing to imply that it will go into production? 

They do, but if you look at the other badges which have been trademarked, the vast majority are ones designs which went into production. It's not like the club are trademarking every crest they come up with at the design phase and abandoning them at examination stage. 

It's probable that this is the proposed version unfortunately. The club has an obligation to involve the fans in the process but Heck is trying to circumvent this. We should fight it on principle, to send a message to Heck that he can't continue to treat the fans with contempt. 

53 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

John Townley on claret and blue podcast yesterday intimated that the release was imminent in the next few days so we are still within that period.

I strongly suspect there will be a pause. He would have to be as thick as pig shit and would be printing his own P45 if he hasn’t already realised that his crest is going to go down like a bucket full of cold puke. 

I would imagine they will delay it as much as possible to try to let the anger die down. Won't happen though, it's not like this just isn't that nice. It's an abomination.

37 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The next Heck masterstroke will be delaying the new kits.

This is a big **** up waiting to happen. If fans successfully dispute that they were not properly consulted on the redesign then Heck will have to commission some new badge options and put them to the fans to vote on. This all takes time, which is quickly running out as the kits need to go into production. It reflects really poorly on Heck and won't go unnoticed with the owners. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would imagine they will delay it as much as possible to try to let the anger die down. Won't happen though, it's not like this just isn't that nice. It's an abomination.

I wonder if he will post a picture of his p45 on twitter... With a nice little drop shadow to make it 'pop'. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Our 150th anniversary is imminent. We are the original establishment club. Our history permeates through every part of Villa Park. 

Our crest/brand should be modern but it should just ooze class, elegance and quality. 

I’m not saying that the attached crest someone did online is perfect as for me it’s too busy outside of the circle but the class, elegance and quality that it conveys is in a different universe to what has been leaked. 

IMG_8149.jpeg

Too much going on. 

Looks like a presidential seal. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This is a big **** up waiting to happen. If fans successfully dispute that they were not properly consulted on the redesign then Heck will have to commission some new badge options and put them to the fans to vote on. This all takes time, which is quickly running out as the kits need to go into production. It reflects really poorly on Heck and won't go unnoticed with the owners. 

I think this line of thought has been debunked already, the FA have already approved the club have met the criteria. If the club wants to proceed with their new badge, then that's that.

The FA have already said it's all good. 

Those ones above from Reddit are better. 

Nitpicking, I feel like the lion and the star should both be yellow if that is the colour they’re going for. I’m ok with a yellow lion on a claret background. 

“Aston Villa” needs to stand out. So if the lion is yellow on a claret background, then ok the name can be white.

Â