Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Now someone who was at the FAB (another site) is saying that's not the same crest they were shown.

The plot thickens.

Not sure why they'd register a trade mark without intent to use it, so unless they've been taking people around the houses on this one... I'm properly confused now tbh.

In fairness, the fact that it is/was so easy to find and leak, may lend some credence to the theory that they are just trademarking concepts?

OR, Heck is trolling @Captain_Townsend and @nick76 whilst on the forum pissing himself laughing.

I mean, surely the club are aware that trademark info etc is public and would be easy to leak?

Partially hoping this is the case as well 😂.

I do like the monochrome versions though.

Just now, Jas10 said:

I’m tired… F it

Just keep the old badge then n stop faffing about for no rhyme and reason… there is no point.

Crazy how we can’t do so much better than this…

So many ways to go about it

spacer.png

Why have they bothered if that’s all they could come up with, it’s no better and arguably worse than this original version…

Waste of time 

Heck has just made me love this! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good point to be fair.

Just looked at the linked historical trademark filings and that's that they were doing.

My god the original Lerner one was shite though.

Having now looked at the Crest shaped one from the last survey, I've now realised that was shite as well 😂 ( Even though I initially liked it )

I’m surprised you don’t have a stronger reaction to this… since you’ve always justifiably been critical of the Lerner badges (the first one was pathetic but the improved lion and removal of “prepared” made the second one far superior) and vocal about, especially, the sheer stupidity of putting a yellow lion on a pale blue background…

Isn’t this even worse?

Please don’t be it 🙏

Edited by Jas10

If you listen to MOMS podcast, that David Michael geezer reckons they cannot go ahead with changing the club badge without fans’ approval. Apparently they just skipped the fan approval/consultation part, so what happens next is anyones guess. This new badge is shocking imo. 

• Like 2

I really really hate the old lion, it's just a shapeless blob with no detailing. If the lion facing right is so bad just take the lion on the crest currently and flip it. Please at least it looks like a lion 

• Like 1

The drop shadow is laughable and absurd 😂

If they really think that’s some sort of solution, they really are inept. It’s embarrassing.

Change the frigging colours! 😂

Dear oh dear…

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I really really hate the old lion, it's just a shapeless blob with no detailing. If the lion facing right is so bad just take the lion on the crest currently and flip it. Please at least it looks like a lion 

I love that lion, the colours are more of a problem than “detailing”.

If there was a greater or… actually hold that… ANY contrast between the background and lion it would have been fine,

That’s the main problem.

Only an idiot creates a pale blue background and sticks a yellow image or lion on it… that you can’t even see or recognise from a distance…

and an even greater idiot who perseveres with it! 😂

Just look at this, is there even a lion there? 😂

spacer.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, the fact that it is/was so easy to find and leak, may lend some credence to the theory that they are just trademarking concepts?

OR, Heck is trolling @Captain_Townsend and @nick76 whilst on the forum pissing himself laughing.

I mean, surely the club are aware that trademark info etc is public and would be easy to leak?

Partially hoping this is the case as well 😂.

I do like the monochrome versions though.

If this is the new badge we are guaranteed to be back here in 5 years time looking for a new one. Had we stuck with the round badge, or had a left facing lion version it would be settled for at least a decade if not beyond. All the Chelsea stuff died down very quickly as it was just clickbait/trolling.

Spurs did a fantastic rebrand. Leeds did a disastrous rebrand and had to ditch it. We seem intent on making a good and proper mess of our rebrand. I mean 2 rebrands in a year is insane and to end up back to a crap concept, it is laughable. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

We’re the original claret and blue team, with a nice touch of gold…

This new design suggests our colours are blue and yellow…

Claret should have some prominence…

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If you listen to MOMS podcast, that David Michael geezer reckons they cannot go ahead with changing the club badge without fans’ approval. Apparently they just skipped the fan approval/consultation part, so what happens next is anyones guess. This new badge is shocking imo. 

The club checked in advance that the level of consultation they took (the survey in October) was sufficient and had that confirmed by the FA. It's very unlikely I think that they'll change that decision - regardless of anything else it is, this is a Villa crest made up of traditionally Villa things and presented in a reasonably straightforward way.

The design is still in the assessment stage for IP. It took the current badge 3 months to be approved for IP. Get protesting and petitioning in the meantime. It doesn’t leave a good feeling when we aren’t given sufficient involvement. 

• Like 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They should just reinstate the retro round one from the 80s. Everyone would be happy, shirt sales would be through the roof. Its the version synonymous with our greatest success, the fanbase would unanimously back it. Pretty easy decision really

There would be trademark issues with that, I think.  Plus the club were very poor at protecting the integrity of that badge.  Even Villa’s own stationery and the club programme didn’t manage to match what was on the shirts over the years.  The clue is usually how far the words extended round the top of the outer circle.

• Like 1

I’m no designer but threw these together in a matter of minutes a few months ago… surely the better combination of colours at least?

Would stand out from a distance and when miniaturised too…

We’ve known for a while that the club were insistent on a shield design…

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Has Heck done anything positive so far?

He's stopped the new stand and halted the badge roll out, then changing it to something miles worse.

The only thing he hasn't stopped was corporate seating in the Holte, in fact he's added to it with the Lower Grounds thing.

Get this guy out of here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The design is still in the assessment stage for IP. It took the current badge 3 months to be approved for IP. Get protesting and petitioning in the meantime. It doesn’t leave a good feeling when we aren’t given sufficient involvement. 

It'll most likely be in production for our shirts at some point in the next five or six weeks, if it's not already.

Â