Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

The thing is, whatever they come up with will be fairly similar to projects already shared on here.

There really isn't much that can be done with the badge unless you fully revolutionise it, and that doesn't seem to be the plan. 

As long as it's modern and traditional, round and a crest, has a lion facing left and right, includes both a star (or multiple in future) and no star, is claret and blue and gold (but not much or too little of either), says Aston Villa and AVFC, 1874 underneath and 18 * 74 on either side, and features our club motto or not because I don't even know what it is, then I'll be happy. Possibly. But probably not.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 4

On 24/10/2023 at 22:46, fightoffyour said:
  • Wrong colour scheme ✅
  • Far too much blue ✅
  • Unnecessary star ✅
  • Crap font ✅
  • Too busy ✅
  • Shaped like Lerner's tattoo ✅
  • Lion facing the wrong way now ✅
  • Lines are wonky like they've been painted ✅
  • "Gold" closer to the colour of baby's shit than yellow ✅

Nailed it 😋

But it does have it's own level of character that has been beaten out of our last couple of badges through the design by committee process.

We're probably going to get something similar in broad strokes to what we've seen in this thread and across the internet, we just have to hope the designer can cut through that and design something that feels like it represents us.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2023 at 06:05, 0Lamptey said:

Not sure if this has been shared on here. Daniel Norris' retro badge remakes. 

En_g9-OWMAA3wC1?format=jpg&name=large

I love this except the claret lion on blue. A yellow lion on claret would be better.

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if the ASTON VILLA text in a straight line underneath and the 1874 above curved could work?

Yes. I'm not a fan of the curving ASTON VILLA above the lion. I know, I know.. opinions!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Yes. I'm not a fan of the curving ASTON VILLA above the lion. I know, I know.. opinions!

I'm with you. That and the font make it look like a brewery sign.

I think we may have to address the fact that Banks's have (or had at least) a similar logo to us.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2023 at 23:01, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone seen this... Lol

" An AI was asked to create a new badge for Aston Villa, and this was the result....
Should we be worried that that they're already "seeing" machines as better options than the norm? Skynet anyone?!

** PS: If I go missing now, my toasters had me ** ;)

#VTID #aiartwork #skynet"

FB_IMG_1697666414736.jpg

In fairness, make this a non robot " Fierce " lion and it's pretty sick.

Aston Villa Eootball Club

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Based on last year's timeline for the new badge options,  I am expecting to see some designs soon. 

We'll see the badge toward the end of January or beginning of February.

@NurembergVillan will be able to confirm when it'll have to be sent off to the shirt manufacturers for printing - but I'm pretty sure that will all be underway before we've seen it.

The club have also confirmed that the upcoming crest will be the crest for both the 150th season and beyond - we won't have a 150th and then another one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Based on last year's timeline for the new badge options,  I am expecting to see some designs soon. 

Ideally earlier as part of the reason this one probably failed launch was because they left it too late

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Ideally earlier as part of the reason this one probably failed launch was because they left it too late

This one failed because they cancelled the launch.

A big event was planned to launch it on the final day of the season when we beat Brighton and got into Europe (it made even have made it onto the shirts that day) and it's hard to imagine a better day to launch it on - but we changed CEO's.

• Like 1

Â