Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just playing around with a couple of shields, based on the '56 crest

spacer.png

Again, more just a crest than something you can build a brand out of really.

Anyway, I should probably get some work done...

Best of what I've seen so far tbh. Might be better if you could get rid of the scroll outline altogether and just have the text Aston Villa beneath the crest?

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Looks a lot better rotated slightly forward and with the star removed from its eye line.

And I'd say it's better than the previous one when that's done

image3.png.547a18134db80fd92a46d0ae8e61780d.png

And even better still if you use the larger slightly more detailed lion from the gaslamp badge. 

All of this. Made all these comments myself in the survey.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just playing around with a couple of shields, based on the '56 crest

spacer.png

Again, more just a crest than something you can build a brand out of really.

Anyway, I should probably get some work done...

Left again is perfect. Right has too much blue for me, even though it’s closest to that previous badge.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

You really think this is fierce? It looks like a malnourished house cat spilled some wine, got so drunk it saw stars, and started trying to maul them while falling over backwards.

80f6f110-6118-11ed-a6b3-1df785db180f.png

Where the f*** do you live, the Serengeti? 

• Haha 2

For me it’s all about the lion, it needs to be redesigned, modernised and not look like a cartoon or a bear or a flat footed house cat. It should be aggressive and also have the right number of claws, 5 on the front and 4 at the back.

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

For me it’s all about the lion, it needs to be redesigned, modernised and not look like a cartoon or a bear or a flat footed house cat. It should be aggressive and also have the right number of claws, 5 on the front and 4 at the back.

I think we could end up with something like the Salford City crest if i'm honest. Which would suck.

image.png.bbd975f4873f622f6de7b9be9713dcdb.png

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think we could end up with something like the Salford City crest if i'm honest. Which would suck.

image.png.bbd975f4873f622f6de7b9be9713dcdb.png

I think it needs to be a rampant lion, not just the face

That "strip away the rest of the badge and leave some signature element as the lone symbol" doesn't work for everybody, and I don't know if the current lion (either of them) would fit that bill, just not around long enough to resonate.

Everton's 3rd kit this year is a prime example. This doesn't scream "Prince Rupert's Castle" as much as "Crayon nub sitting on notebook paper."Everton3rd.thumb.jpg.c8edc27030111c2f81fb00b2007d7b96.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

That "strip away the rest of the badge and leave some signature element as the lone symbol" doesn't work for everybody, and I don't know if the current lion (either of them) would fit that bill, just not around long enough to resonate.

Everton's 3rd kit this year is a prime example. This doesn't scream "Prince Rupert's Castle" as much as "Crayon nub sitting on notebook paper."Everton3rd.thumb.jpg.c8edc27030111c2f81fb00b2007d7b96.jpg

Ugh. 

Â