Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

8 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

its coming home its coming home 38 years we waited 

Back in the big time baby.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Back in the big time baby.

When we last won it, and before our hiatus, were we treating it as a full team competition or had we already started sending our youth team at the point?

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

6-0 and they look like they're really enjoying it.

Havent been able to get a stream.  Was worried we would struggle against big men in midfield.  I take it we have been able to deal with it easily ? 

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Havent been able to get a stream.  Was worried we would struggle against big men in midfield.  I take it we have been able to deal with it easily ? 

Been sharper and fitter, pressed them well and passed it around them very well - they were never in it to be fair to them.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't expecting to win given how close some of the previous games have been and presumably Racing Warwick are a tougher opponent than we had previously faced given how well they had done up until this point, they actually beat small heath U21s 2-0 in one of the previous rounds, and they're almost thirty points ahead of Coventry U21s in the development league

But on the night we were far far superior and seems an understatment, I think we could have won by a bigger margin if we had wanted to, but despite that I though in isolated moments that Racing Warwick showed some play and can see why they've done well at their level

9-0 biggest victory in the final since the competition began back in 1876 been played every year since then except for pauses for the two world wars and covid-19

• Like 2

Not much to say on the game last night. I was expecting a tight game, similar to the previous rounds. Like the look of Rowe and Borland (just wish he was a foot taller). A word for the Warwick goalie, got caught out for the second goal but played well having a hot time of it second-half, almost kept out the pen.

Scorers: Kellyman 18mins, Borland 20mins, Young 35,57mins, Moore 67,90+1(pen)mins, Pierre 73mins, Richards 86,90mins

Team: Wright (sub: Emery), T.Rowe, Patterson, Bogarde, Swinkels (sub: Katsukunya), Borland, Young (sub: Richards), Alcock, Wilson (sub: Moore), Kellyman, Jimoh (sub: Pierre)

At the trophy presentation I was pleased to see the County FA chap pointing out (I assume) our name on the plinth to our captain James Wright. In our 150th year its nice that the cup that cemented our name back in 1880 is back in our hands.

Away from the game itself, the longest queues I’ve seen at half-time for food and drink – hope Heck was in attendance to see it.

Loved the look of utter confusion when a women carrying a pint of larger was turned away from the stand and was told she could only drink it on the concourse.

Lastly, had the honour of sharing a urinal trough with Tony Daley. Pisses like a horse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Villa win 9-0 and Wilson isn’t on the scoresheet?

Dafuq?

On 16/05/2024 at 09:58, Unused Sub said:

Not much to say on the game last night. I was expecting a tight game, similar to the previous rounds. Like the look of Rowe and Borland (just wish he was a foot taller). A word for the Warwick goalie, got caught out for the second goal but played well having a hot time of it second-half, almost kept out the pen.

Scorers: Kellyman 18mins, Borland 20mins, Young 35,57mins, Moore 67,90+1(pen)mins, Pierre 73mins, Richards 86,90mins

Team: Wright (sub: Emery), T.Rowe, Patterson, Bogarde, Swinkels (sub: Katsukunya), Borland, Young (sub: Richards), Alcock, Wilson (sub: Moore), Kellyman, Jimoh (sub: Pierre)

At the trophy presentation I was pleased to see the County FA chap pointing out (I assume) our name on the plinth to our captain James Wright. In our 150th year its nice that the cup that cemented our name back in 1880 is back in our hands.

Away from the game itself, the longest queues I’ve seen at half-time for food and drink – hope Heck was in attendance to see it.

Loved the look of utter confusion when a women carrying a pint of larger was turned away from the stand and was told she could only drink it on the concourse.

Lastly, had the honour of sharing a urinal trough with Tony Daley. Pisses like a horse.

The queues at half time (and before the game) were absolutely ridiculous. From my group of 3, the club missed out on the sales of 6 pints, and I'm sure they missed out on a lot more besides. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The queues at half time (and before the game) were absolutely ridiculous. From my group of 3, the club missed out on the sales of 6 pints, and I'm sure they missed out on a lot more besides. 

This and the issues around exiting the car parks have been noted for the FAB meeting.

• Thanks 1

On 14/05/2024 at 10:49, BOF said:

Quarter finals
Arsenal(5)    2-3 Chelsea(4)
Reading(6)    3-1 Notts Forest(14)
Tottenham(1)  3-3 Liverpool(8)  (Spurs win 5-4 on pens)
Sunderland(7) 3-3 West Ham(2)   (Sunderland win 5-3 on pens)

Semi-finals
Tottenham(1) v Chelsea(4)
Reading(6) and Sunderland(7) semi details TBC

Semi-finals
Sun 19/05 @ 12:00 - Tottenham(1) v Chelsea(4)
Mon 20/05 @ 19:00 - Reading(6)   v Sunderland(7)

Final

Sunday 26/05
Tottenham Hotspur 3-1  Sunderland
39' W. Lankshear
61' W. Lankshear
90' G. Abbott
                       90' T. Tutierov
@ Tottenham Hotspur stadium

Spurs won the final 3-1. Deserved champions. We can take heart from the fact we gave them 2 mighty scares across the season in a 5-3 and a 4-3 defeat. Ultimately though they did beat us 3 times.

• Like 1

Â