Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

5-3 in the end - but that's a terrific performance - good to see Pierre on the scoresheet - he's a growth spurt away from being a very good player.

Do you reckon? He is high energy and gets about the pitch but not totally convinced.

25 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Do you reckon? He is high energy and gets about the pitch but not totally convinced.

I think he does some lovely things on the ball and occasionally gets himself into really good situations, but he hasn't got the physicality to then make anything of them, he gets knocked off the ball too easily - if he can grow a bit and put on about a stone I think there's a player in there.

• Like 1

That was a very good win, when I saw the line-ups, us not starting Jimoh, or Young, Kellyman not in the squad, and some of the very highly rated players in their team, I thought it might be them beating us by a few goals rather than the other way around. Good to see Pierre get a few and an assist, hopefully does his confidence some good, another two for Moore, quietly having a good season, he might get a loan next season, and goal and an assist for Patterson

• Like 1

All results and bonkers stats updated. Looking much less ominous now. Thanks Arsenal for an overall wonderful weekend. We're a point off the playoffs now with 3 teams who were division 2 last season left to play. 16th, 19th & 24th respectively. We can do this.

• Like 4

Half a programme this weekend, in which we play first.  This means if we take care of business against the team currently occupying the final playoff place, we are guaranteed to finish this weekend in the playoffs. And the way the fixtures are, we will probably be inside by a couple of places.

2d39ca0ac5d2d74cc335d73db58ff13f.png

3d5491e5fe46b6c4e6061afe943e78cf.png

• Thanks 1

Forest result and other games updated.

A few changes made for that game, making the average age older, and lo & behold the result went against us.

Katsukunya was rested after 13 consecutive starts in all competitions. Swinkels coming back into the side for his first start of the season. Emery came back into goal. Afoka, Pierre & Wilson all got their 2nd consecutive start.

This was the 2nd oldest starting 11 of the season at 19.24. Only the 2-1 defeat at Brighton was older at 19.28. The 5 oldest starting 11s this season have all lost their game.

With 2 games left though it is still very achievable. We are 2pts and 2 places outside the playoffs and can still mathematically catch 8 sides above us.

In fact only Stoke & us can still gate-crash the current top 16 now as it stands. It's 18 into 16.

Everything up to yesterday updated. Rather worryingly, Forest's home tie with Reading was abandoned due to an injury to Ben Perry. Hope he's OK. He was stretchered off. Not much on twitter about what happened.

Very exciting Villa Team tonight, looking forward to seeing them in action. 

I hope we have a good crowd for the Birmingham Senior Cup Final on May 15th.   I am taking my kids and grandkids and several of their friends to this one.  Always trying to convert local kids (and their Dads) to support their local Teams.

Â