Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

Funny half - we've dominated and looked the better side, but every time they break they look a threat - 1-1 at the moment - if we stay patient we should be able to get a win out of this.

Not playing as well as we can, too many wasted long balls because we're trying too hard to make the killer pass, if we just keep possession and stay patient this is a game we should be winning relativley comfortably. Need to get Jimoh-Aloba more involved

Comfortable win in the end against a category 2 academy team. There was a two or three minute spell after Coventry made a couple of subs where they tried to press us but we kept the ball away from them. It was very impressive as it killed any momentum they were trying to build. Looked a little vunerable on the counter but had plenty of chances to score more also.

Wilson was lethal in front of goal as usual. I'll give Alcock Motm for his control of the game in midfield and work rate. Cannot remember the last time Rowe did not impress.

• Like 2

Overall I thought we played well, at times very well, I thought all the players did pretty well individually too, Borland is seriously impressive, I watch him and think if he wasn't so small he might do for the first team at the moment with the midfield shortage, Wilson I thought was great too in the withdrawn striker role, almost similar to how Kane plays, Kadan Young had some real standout moments, Jimoh-Aloba had some good moments too as he got more involved, Triston Rowe was very good as usual

• Like 1

Enjoyed that. 

Wilson and Boreland probably the standouts, although Tristan Rowe in the second half was excellent

• Like 1

When Borland came i thought we were getting an ultra energetic attacking mid. In reality we got what Stylian Petrov became. Calm presence.  He makes the right decision 99 percent of the time. . Keeps things moving and has a load of grit as well as an eye for a pass and a goal.  As he gets bigger he will become a really really good player. 

Last year the final was at Bescot, the season before that it was at Villa Park, whether it's possible to play it at Villa Park this year I'm not sure, maybe it has to be a neutral ground, but I'm pretty sure the Racing Club Warwick players wouldn't mind.

• Like 2

Â