Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

22 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It may not be racist it's a bloody stupid thing to do in the 21st century, and an intelligent man should know better. Culture my arse, I know plenty of Spanish folk who'd never dream of doing something like that.

The idiot.

I'm more interested in his football credentials, as opposed to negatives.

I find it sad, that some feel a need to deviate away from that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Plenty of other clubs, because we are clearly on the up, will be happy to put the boot into us.

Do we really need to be kicking ourselves?

If it's wrong, it's wrong.

Id rather judge the man by the job he does, not some involvement in a traditional Spanish religious festival a few years ago. I doubt he's going to turn up at BMH black face. It's not like Trudeau who donned black face at a party, or lady Gaga being at a party where gay men were all black faced. It was a traditional religious event FFS. Calm down folks.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The cognitive dissonance here is very real.

Are you english by any chance?

Out there protesting in front of the museum which contains thousands of items your country has pillaged from black people all over the world?

I don't agree with what Monchi has done but a lot of people here need to take a good look in their own backyard before piping up like this is the worst thing in the world.

It gets in the way of any real conversation and silencing the voices who matter the most.

Grow up.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Proud woke leftie here and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on this one and put this more the 'ignorant' category than 'racist'...but that's just my personal view and I fully acknowledge that it's not up to me as a white person to say what people should or shouldn't be offended by

Be good to hear the views of more people of colour on this matter because there's actually very few articles relating to this festival that I can find and you'd think there would be more outrage 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Proud woke leftie here and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on this one and put this more the 'ignorant' category than 'racist'...but that's just my personal view and I fully acknowledge that it's not up to me as a white person to say what people should or shouldn't be offended by

Be good to hear the views of more people of colour on this matter because there's actually very few articles relating to this festival that I can find and you'd think there would be more outrage 

I think there’s far bigger issues (racist ones too) than a tradition which is a bit backwards but sounds like it’s running it’s course in other Spanish Cities. 

You’ll notice several non white posters have posted their views and not one are offended or upset with Monchi. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

Just feel that both Unai and Monchi will have greater freedom and capacity here than at previous clubs (probably what attracted them to the job), less interference and restrictions. Monchi may be able to target a higher level of player and spend a bit more freely. Backed by NSWE and their ambition.

Still, this is impressive:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looks like a skinhead rallying up the rest of the clan for a pillaging with his bullhorn....

I hear he asked to be named Grand Imperial Wizard but the club said no. That 's why the negotiations took time. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Back OT…

Monchi doesn’t start work until July? How does that affect our transfer activity?

Lange in charge for now? Can Monchi advise until then?

I may be wrong but Monchi will be on gardening leave at the moment. I’m sure he has a lot of personal things to sort out but on his wages I’m sure they will be handed off to someone else. 

The key here is he isn’t getting paid by Villa until July, but I know from experience he will start straight away. He won’t be at Villa but he will be an integral part of any discussions that are going on. I expect if he knew the Villa deal was going to happen he had been working behind the scenes with UE for the last few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Last post on the non footballing topic which shows the other side

Although we are of a different colour... we are equal': Roma director Monchi shows solidarity with Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly amid Serie A race storm

• Kalidou Koulibaly was subjected to racist abuse in Napoli's 1-0 loss at Inter Milan
  • The defender, 27, was subjected to monkey chants from sections of the San Siro 
  • Roma director Monchi reacted by offering support to Koulibaly via Instagram
  • Monchi wrote the words: 'Although we are of a different colour... we are equal'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6535531/Roma-chief-Monchi-supports-Napoli-ace-Kalidou-Koulibaly-racism-row.html

• Like 3

Â