Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

21 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

IF Spuds draw against Citeh, and we lose by a couple to Pool,

Who knows? I'm more nervous about Tuesday than Monday!

More nervous about a Spurs game than a Villa game? 

And why are so many people calling Liverpool "Pool" all of a sudden.

Its like "peno" or "citeh". Nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Would Spurs even want to beat City and see their most hated rival win the league?

Players yes. Most fans, probably not. Shame it's not 11 fans playing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today shows, spurs still struggling for form, just getting over a poor Burnley team. As mentioned if Burnley didn’t need a win, probably would have gotten a draw. Man City on the other side, are steamrolling teams. Say be done on Tuesday but hopefully Monday!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Would Spurs even want to beat City and see their most hated rival win the league?

As discussed before a lot of fans would rather finish 5th and Arsenal not win the league so it will be a strange atmosphere.

But tbh if todays atmosphere was anything to go by they wouldn’t help much anyway.

On 10/05/2024 at 00:39, Keyblade said:

Imagine us next season after the lessons he's learned this season? With slightly better luck with injuries, I can't even begin to fathom what he'll be cooking next year. Just need to get over the line now. Leave it all out there against Liverpool.

I'm in the minority this season, and I'm sound about that, but (BIG but, ooer) - I think we've been lucky that so many other 'top 4' teams have been shit this season.

I'm taking absolutely nothing from Unai, not a single thing, the man is a legend and I can't believe where we're at this season BUT I think next season might be a lot more difficult, because I'd be amazed if Spurs, Chelsea, United or Newcastle are gonna sit back and watch the Villa Lion roar again.

But also, Unai 4eva #loveheart #buildstatue #emerythelegend #heeatspaellahedrinksestrellahelovesthevilla

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

You're missing small heath mate. Champions league in 5 seasons and a £3bn stadium. 

Nah that circus of clowns were acknowledged in the phrase “Big top 8”.

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Would anyone in this thread swap playing Liverpool on Monday for playing Man City?

Nope, City will be fully switched on and focused to win the league. Liverpool may be a little less intense, it’s the easier fixture but won’t be easy of course. 

28 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I'm in the minority this season, and I'm sound about that, but (BIG but, ooer) - I think we've been lucky that so many other 'top 4' teams have been shit this season.

I'm taking absolutely nothing from Unai, not a single thing, the man is a legend and I can't believe where we're at this season BUT I think next season might be a lot more difficult, because I'd be amazed if Spurs, Chelsea, United or Newcastle are gonna sit back and watch the Villa Lion roar again.

Five of the nine games we’ve lost were against those four teams. I’m also not sure what their form has got to do with us winning more games than we ever have in a Premier League season?

48 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

But also, Unai 4eva #loveheart #buildstatue #emerythelegend #heeatspaellahedrinksestrellahelovesthevilla

i understand your point, buti think you miss the fact that this is not an unusual occurance, rarely do the top 4 spots go to the clubs you expect them to. We will hit the points total typically needed for fourth because pretty much every year a few clubs are off the pace. If anything this is actually a rare year that we have 3 clubs competing for a trophy. 

Posted (edited)

Replies taken, understood and accepted.

What Unai has done is incredible, BUT we're also in a league where Chelsea, United and Spurs have been pap. 

I'm not cussing us AT ALL. But I am saying next season could be very difficult because those other teams aren't gonna settle for the mighty Villa pipping them to the post. 

It's a compliment to our current position, with a cautious nod to next season.

Edited by T-Dog
Too many beers mean too many words and too many words

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

The Spurs players couldn't give two shits about local rivalry. They are very likely pals with most of the Arsenal players as they certainly all hang out in places like Dubai. As with players of all PL clubs.

Fans seriously overestimate how much the players care about such menial things as fan rivalries. They really couldn't care less and it's them that play the game, not the fans.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes 

don't know any spurs fans i guess? i know many. every one of them wants them to lose tuesday.