Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Brighton was the game we should have put it to bed with , all we had to do was turn up 

palace with 13 points out of the last 15  won’t be easy if we need points 

best hope is city really want that 4 in a row 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If Spurs get a draw with City after beating Burnley and we lose to Liverpool, I’d be beyond nervous as the odds would have tipped in Spurs favour. It would be like that flippin coefficient keeping indicating that England were most likely to get the 5th CL place…right up until they don’t. 

Not sure they would’ve tipped in Spurs favour then because they are still 3 points behind with 1 game to go.  We would still be favourites as we’d only need a draw or win plus Spurs still have to beat Sheff Utd which should be a given and sufficient goal difference.  I think I get seriously nervous if Spurs beat Burnley and City and we lose to Liverpool.  I’m nervous whatever just generally when it comes to the Villa whatever game or thing we want to do.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m nervous whatever just generally when it comes to the Villa whatever game or thing we want to do.

Ha, yeah same. I always find something to be anxious about even when we’re doing brilliantly. 

• Like 1

It’s said before but it all comes down to the Man City game for me… if City win we’re 4th… any other result we’re 5th.

Just now, ben1505 said:

It’s said before but it all comes down to the Man City game for me… if City win we’re 4th… any other result we’re 5th.

Has CVByrne hacked your account? 😂

39 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

We might need to beat this Palace side to guarantee CL. Season over call it a day was good fun while it lasted 

26 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So at what point are people going to become nervous? Would it be if Spurs win on Saturday and then draw with City on the Tuesday? (Assuming we lose to Liverpool) 

Seriously go put £50 on Spurs at 16-1 to get 4th. It will lessen the blow 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seriously go put £50 on Spurs at 16-1 to get 4th. It will lessen the blow 

did ya do it?

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

So you think we are going to lose to Liverpool and Palace?

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Has CVByrne hacked your account? 😂

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see us not losing to Liverpool or Palace… I don’t see Spurs losing to Burnley or Shef U… ergo my statement

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So you think we are going to lose to Liverpool and Palace?

Yes, both… if we can’t turn over a woeful Brighton we won’t turn over either of those two 

4 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Yes, both… if we can’t turn over a woeful Brighton we won’t turn over either of those two 

That’s one game, we recently beat Arsenal at their place.  I don’t think you can judge one game.  Yes we are running on fumes but we aren’t where we are because we can’t pull out results, Emery will find a way.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Tell me you know nothing about football, without saying you know nothing about football....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Stating the obvious but we won't necessarily play poorly like we did away at Brighton and Liverpool and Palace might also not perform as well as they did in this set of matches.

We've got the motivation to get a result.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Tell me you know nothing about football, without saying you know nothing about football....

FB_IMG_1707601416612.thumb.jpg.8b3cd7653b6ba3f6ca3f0468d4cc25ff.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

FB_IMG_1707601416612.thumb.jpg.8b3cd7653b6ba3f6ca3f0468d4cc25ff.jpg

Aussies always win, especially if it's cricket 😂 might go practice my underarm bowling...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

I'm terrified. But the worst thing I can do is keep checking Villa pages when literally nothing can change. See you on Monday