Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Looking at the odds, the maths, it's extremely likely that we get 4th..... but I've supported Villa long enough to take anything for granted.....until it's mathematically done...

This. Every other footballer supporter saying it's done and odds saying it's nearly done. It's just that could be a stressful final day late goal against Palace done. We don't do things easy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So if Spurs lose to City, we’re in?

Or we beat liverpool or palace or pretty much spurs draw any of their 3 games

If anyone offered me a scenario where winning a game against Crystal Palace who are already safe from relegation would qualify us for the Champions League I'd have bitten their whole arm off, let alone their hand.

We're in a great position and, if it comes to it, it's still all in our own hands and we are more than capable.

As for Spurs, Burnley are in the last chance saloon where only a win will do for them and Man City is everyone's hardest game on paper. I doubt we'll need another point.

But if we do end up needing a result against Palace, I'd back us to get it.

• Like 2

Personally think the Spurs v Man City is going to be the important one. Expect Spurs to beat Burnley comfortably whilst I don’t think Villa will beat Liverpool. Villa have not handled the big pressure games at Villa Park well this season and watching them yesterday the players look knackered and there just isn’t any rotation possible and now pretty much the same squad go to Greece whilst Liverpool have a full weeks rest. 

If we have to beat Palace on the last day then I won’t be feeling confident at all. 

• Like 2

Really frustrating our game against Liverpool is before their game against City. I just want that Spurs Man City game to be tomorrow to get it out the way!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One things for sure, a win under the lights at Villa Park against Liverpool will be pretty special.. 

oh ffs there's going to be a pitch invasion isn't there if we do

46 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

If anyone offered me a scenario where winning a game against Crystal Palace who are already safe from relegation would qualify us for the Champions League I'd have bitten their whole arm off, let alone their hand.

But if we do end up needing a result against Palace, I'd back us to get it.

I agree with the first paragraph, but unfortunately not the second.

Let's hope it's done and dusted by then.

I'd love us to do the job against the scousers.

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

oh ffs there's going to be a pitch invasion isn't there if we do

If that happens watch the media, back to the dark ages, give the space to spurs, blah blah blah 

8 minutes ago, Pottervillan said:

If that happens watch the media, back to the dark ages, give the space to spurs, blah blah blah 

the main reason why i don't want it to happen.

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think we will win another game but I'm not sure I'd say I'm an ungrateful moaning word removed. 

I was on a mad one yesterday and some of the ridiculous negativity around here after the defeat got to me.  It’s why I need to step away from here when we lose games. 

Apologies if offended anyone. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RichW said:

Personally think the Spurs v Man City is going to be the important one. Expect Spurs to beat Burnley comfortably whilst I don’t think Villa will beat Liverpool. Villa have not handled the big pressure games at Villa Park well this season and watching them yesterday the players look knackered and there just isn’t any rotation possible and now pretty much the same squad go to Greece whilst Liverpool have a full weeks rest. 

If we have to beat Palace on the last day then I won’t be feeling confident at all. 

We best Man City and arsenal at villa park 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

And yet spurs drew 3-3 away at city this season on the back of losing 3 in a row where they conceeded 8.

Add to that Spurs have also beaten City at home in the league every year for the past 5 seasons but this year they have no chance...

Since we have been back in the prem this is citys league record against spurs. P9 W2 D2 L5

Fair but wasn’t it around the time City lost 2-3 in a row ?

Have you watched City lately? Is this a team that is about to throw away the title to Spurs? 

It’s just not going to happen. I’d bet my house on it.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1