Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Got to fancy Man City to get the job done in the second leg but not sure about Arsenal. Bayern will surely use their experience in the second leg. Wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to penalties though. 

• Like 1

Okay folks - this thread is for VIlla's chances of qualifying for the Champions league - if you want to discuss incidents in tonight's games there's a midweek footnall thread in Other Football, if you want to discuss the effect of the results on our season, then that should be here, if you want to discuss individual posters, then I'd suggest a PM.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, RichW said:

Got to fancy Man City to get the job done in the second leg but not sure about Arsenal. Bayern will surely use their experience in the second leg. Wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to penalties though. 

Screw Arsenal. I hate them. City, Liverpool and Villa going all the way to the final will do the job for 5th place right ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Dicey for a little bit good overall. Need the prem side to take care of business on Thursday and put us on a good trajectory. 

I forget @omariqy scenarios this falls under but I think if we and Liverpool take care of business, it remains in our hands. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Dicey for a little bit good overall. Need the prem side to take care of business on Thursday and put us on a good trajectory. 

I forget @omariqy scenarios this falls under but I think if we and Liverpool take care of business, it remains in our hands. 

Definitely in our hands. Villa will also have a big say. So if we do end up finishing 5th then it’s not back door in to the Champs League. We more than likely would have had a lot to do with getting that extra place.

I’ll do a new scenario once Thursdays results are out the way to see who the favourites are and what it means.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

What happens in the event of a tie?

They havent announced anything yet so they are probably not expecting it, which means it will be a tie 😛 

default_profile_x96.png

I've copied this from UEFA explanation: Where two associations have the same coefficient, the association with the higher coefficient in the most recent season is placed first So thar will be England

XBM03IJd_x96.jpg

Yes, that is used as tiebreaker for 5-year ranking, though it's not specifically confirmed for this one-season ranking, though it might be used as well.

17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Conf league coefficient pts still only worth half the other two leagues are worth?

They only don’t get the bonus point for this round. They will after this round. 

• Like 1

We need to be certain of 5 places as soon as possible. I want unai to have the option to rest players against palace of even Liverpool to go to our cup final.

• Like 1