Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It’s really not that far fetched that Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen all qualify. And that Madrid knock City out.

That's 4 results ALL going against us in this round. I don't see it happening. I think we will be fine.

I also think Liverpool will win the Europa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Spurs will beat Burnley, SU and Chelsea IMO. Think they'll get a draw against Newcatle. Puts them at 70 points

In that scenario we can still beat that. Would need a draw v Liverpool but we got the 1-1 at Anfield right at the end of last season when they were actually in very good form so not sure why that's been written off already.

If Spurs get as much as 72 points though that will be a very big ask and realistically beyond us so we don't want them winning four more games, three at the max.

Spurs have only won once away from home since Christmas.... They've got Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sheffield Utd to play away form home.... Them getting 4th is not a banker...

I know the point of a forum is to chat but what is there to say really.

5th is guaranteed, you will find out what happens with 5th being a CL place in 8 or 9 days.

its pointless trying to work out what is going to happen in ours and spurs results other than they need to drop some points and we need to gain a few on them 🤷‍♂️

the weekend after next loads of your thoughts are going to be answered  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

What’s a win and a draw worth in terms of UEFA coefficient? Is there a difference in each tier?

German wins are worth very slightly 'more' than English because of the coefficient calculation. All theirs are divided by 7, ours 8, due to the number of teams in Uefa competitions at the start.

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

German wins are worth very slightly 'more' than English because of the coefficient calculation. All theirs are divided by 7, ours 8, due to the number of teams in Uefa competitions at the start.

Ah ok, so each win is worth 1/8 (0.125) and each draw 1/16 ( 0.0625) for English teams in this round?

image.png.1b45e36fd9b3eceb758f2686874f8e6a.png

• Like 1

Spurs looked vulnerable at times against Forest. They got lucky with Maddison not being sent off and Woods missed an absolute sitter. They can score goals no doubt but I think they'll drop points soon enough. More importantly we need to get our own house in order. Cant afford anymore stupid errors or switching off for 10 minutes during a match or playing at a snails pace simply because the opposition have taken root. Fantastic season whatever happens here on in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben1505 said:

Ah ok, so each win is worth 1/8 (0.125) and each draw 1/16 ( 0.0625) for English teams in this round?

image.png.1b45e36fd9b3eceb758f2686874f8e6a.png

Each win is 2 points, draw 1 point and round progression is 1 point. The last one (bonus point) doesn’t apply to UECL until the semi final round.

Edited by omariqy

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Each win is 2 points, draw 1 point and round progression is 1 point. The last one (bonus point) doesn’t apply to UECL until the semi final round.

Ok.. read it wrong.. so each win is 2/8 (0.25) and each draw 1/8 (0.125) from now onwards?

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I know the point of a forum is to chat but what is there to say really.

5th is guaranteed, you will find out what happens with 5th being a CL place in 8 or 9 days.

its pointless trying to work out what is going to happen in ours and spurs results other than they need to drop some points and we need to gain a few on them 🤷‍♂️

the weekend after next loads of your thoughts are going to be answered  

We can then hopefully relax and enjoy winning a semi final and final of a European Trophy with Champions league already secured.

10 hours ago, ben1505 said:

I've not discounted them or Chelsea until it's mathematically over.

Still worried about Bournemouth then?