Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Woah....I've not seen that before, that is bad emotionally - too high. I think it is similar to Gregory and the team photo in the late 90s. I think you have to fight every week and be humble, celebrate when you have achieved your goal. Lack of respect to the opposition too.

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Woah....I've not seen that before, that is bad emotionally - too high. I think it is similar to Gregory and the team photo in the late 90s. I think you have to fight every week and be humble, celebrate when you have achieved your goal. Lack of respect to the opposition too.

What game was that after ?

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A point tomorrow is decent tbh. A win would be amazing but a draw is also good. A defeat isn’t the end of the world either. 

😐 A win would be good for a week. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What game was that after ?

2-1 win at home vs Liverpool (down to 9 men) back in September 

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It’s way worse imo 😆

N much more cringey 😆

Talk about jumping the gun 😆

• Thanks 1

Fair play to anyone who reads this thread daily. The emotional rollercoaster is far too much for me. The relegation threads had less histrionics. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

We've got the fourth best away record in the league

And away used to be our apparent weakness.  Previously it was amazing at home, poor away. Now it’s kind of balanced out. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Fair play to anyone who reads this thread daily. The emotional rollercoaster is far too much for me. The relegation threads had less histrionics. 

I use site blocker to block myself from this site for 24 hours after defeats.  Force myself to stay away until fans calm down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And away used to be our apparent weakness. 

It never was. It was just because we had a perfect home record built on hard work and quality, so our detractors digged out our away form to tilt the narrative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Annoying that we gave spurs the respect we did. 

We were tired and I think it was a symptom of the first game where admittedly they should have had 3/4 in the first half. Only mistake Don Unai has made in hindsight. 

Next season I hope we try and blitz them first half. 

15 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It never was. It was just because we had a perfect home record built on hard work and quality, so our detractors digged out our away form to tilt the narrative.

Our detractors weren’t saying anything. It was our own fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our detractors weren’t saying anything. It was our own fans.

There is always cynics and reactionaries in a large fan base , I have been guilt of being negative too in the past. I was hurt after the Chelsea FA cup defeat, I felt like the sky is failling. I also think the away stuff was/is perpetuated by the media/opposition fans too. It is easy to be led into that thinking/feeling too. Ultimately, I am proud of what the team is doing this season with all the difficult circumstances we have had to undergo. Success is not a straight line. We have a lot of building to do. 🐢 UTV!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And away used to be our apparent weakness.  Previously it was amazing at home, poor away. Now it’s kind of balanced out. 

It wasn't that bad we were like 7/20 away, just 1/20 at home

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Today… my faith in Spursy-ness has been restored…

Today was a real morale booster because it shows that Spurs are just as capable as us of randomly serving up a dreadful performance.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

5 wins. Get those 5 win lads. 

I really can’t see 5 wins being enough for 4th, unless we have a couple of draws as well. 6 wins should get us over the line though.