Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Things could be a lot worse.

At least you don't support blose who could be getting relegated into league one with a stadium that stinks like shit and is falling down.

Mate.

Oh maaaate!!!!! The gift that keeps on giving is never too away when we need them!!!

Stressful worrying about all the different permutations. I hate it and love it at the same time. I’m sitting here reading about when the wolves players are back from injuries ffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Stressful worrying about all the different permutations. I hate it and love it at the same time. I’m sitting here reading about when the wolves players are back from injuries ffs.

I was just doing the same. Is Neto out for a few weeks now? Can't seem to find anything conclusive.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

70 will probably be enough for 4th. Utd will be nowhere near that. They would need 23 points from 10 games to get that. That’s title winning form. 

It isn’t going to happen

70 will not be enough for fourth. Fifth yes but definitely not fourth. Spurs need 17 points from remaining games to hit 70. They should get 12 from their games v Sheffield Utd, burnley, forest and luton. That means they will only need 5 from all of their other games to hit 70 which is extremely likely with how good they currently look. 

70 will probably be enough for 4th. Utd will be nowhere near that. They would need 23 points from 10 games to get that. That’s title winning form. 

It isn’t going to happen

Duplicate post

Edited by DakotaVilla

It isn’t going to 

Edited by DakotaVilla
Triple post

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

if you’d have told me in October 2022 we’d be beating Ajax 4-0 at home next season I wouldn’t have believed you

Great perspective. 16/17 months…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

As we saw ourselves,  football isn't played on paper and we got tripped up against Forrest away and sheff united at home. Odd results do happen.

Just because we bottled those games doesn’t mean spurs will. They have everyone fit again and looked extremely dangerous v us last week as they did when they had everyone fit at the start of the season. Wishful thinking I’m afraid if we are hoping for them to falter. Luton at home might be the only one that causes them issues out of those 4. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Just because we bottled those games doesn’t mean spurs will. They have everyone fit again and looked extremely dangerous v us last week as they did when they had everyone fit at the start of the season. Wishful thinking I’m afraid if we are hoping for them to falter. Luton at home might be the only one that causes them issues out of those 4. 

I really don't think they did. The first half there was very little in it. We handed them their first two goals by falling asleep and we can ignore the last 30 mins against 10 men.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We played Man City off the park a couple of weeks before we drew with a Sheff Utd.

I won't be throwing in the towel just yet. Lots of football to be played.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We played Man City off the park a couple of weeks before we drew with a Sheff Utd.

I won't be throwing in the towel just yet. Lots of football to be played.

My comments are in the context of spurs getting 70 points. They are very likely to achieve that so we have to match their results which we have every chance of doing but it’s going to be incredibly difficult. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Isn’t VDV injured?  Their defence looking shocking when he was out before Christmas and their bad spell happened then.  Maddison was also out then I agree but their defence looked awful and Romero is guaranteed to be sent off before the end of the season.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t VDV injured?  Their defence looking shocking when he was out before Christmas and their bad spell happened then.  Maddison was also out then I agree but their defence looked awful and Romero is guaranteed to be sent off before the end of the season.

They had full backs playing centre half. Since signed a highly rated Dragon. Not sure how he looks though so far.