Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

So hopelessly confused. 😐 Are we still at the stage of waiting to see if Club Brugge, PAOK, Basel, Gent, Fenerbahce, Midtjylland, CFR Cluj, Maccabi Tel Aviv or Viktoria Plzen crash out?

We are - there’s a LOT of matches at this point. Just Google the tournament. Midtjylland currently 2-0 up at home to Progreso. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

So hopelessly confused. 😐 Are we still at the stage of waiting to see if Club Brugge, PAOK, Basel, Gent, Fenerbahce, Midtjylland, CFR Cluj, Maccabi Tel Aviv or Viktoria Plzen crash out?

If Juventus get kicked out, which they probably will, then we’re seeded OR if they don’t then we need just one of those nine teams to get knocked out… so it’s fairly likely that we will be seeded, but not impossible that we won’t yet.

It’s not the clearest of competitions is it!? 😆 

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If Juventus get kicked out, which they probably will, then we’re seeded OR if they don’t then we need just one of those nine teams to get knocked out… so it’s fairly likely that we will be seeded, but not impossible that we won’t yet.

Actually if Juventus don’t get kicked out, it’s only around 50/50 that one of the 9 big clubs will fail against the crappy 9 teams. Based on last years results at this stage.

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Actually if Juventus don’t get kicked out, it’s only around 50/50 that one of the 9 big clubs will fail against the crappy 9 teams. Based on last years results at this stage.

It’s all very confusing! I’m not a statistician but you’d think 1 of those 9 teams would be likely to slip up? Ah well, we shall see!

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

We are - there’s a LOT of matches at this point. Just Google the tournament. Midtjylland currently 2-0 up at home to Progreso. 

I've heard of midtylland before, their badge is yellow and red, play somewhere in scandanavia

Progreso.... Not a **** clue, can you imagine saying to a mate at work "yeah booked 2 days off next week, going Progreso away"

Only wanting one winner from that tie UTP

Edit - midgetland aren't the ones with the yellow and red badge, theirs is black and red and Progreso actually play in the Uruguayan second division 😂 they're playing progres from Luxembourg

I'll be disappointed if we don't play the randomest team imaginable in this cup

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've heard of midtylland before, their badge is yellow and red, play somewhere in scandanavia

Progreso.... Not a **** clue, can you imagine saying to a mate at work "yeah booked 2 days off next week, going Progreso away"

I reckon I know most European teams from a combination of Football Manager or betting.

I have no idea who Progreso are :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I reckon I know most European teams from a combination of Football Manager or betting.

I have no idea who Progreso are :D 

Googled them, western Luxembourg, 1 hour 45 min drive for me, group stage with them and frankfurt 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Edit - midgetland aren't the ones with the yellow and red badge, theirs is black and red and Progreso actually play in the Uruguayan second division 😂 they're playing progres from Luxembourg

I'll be disappointed if we don't play the randomest team imaginable in this cup

Isn’t midtylland the team that Brentford sort of are affiliated with? 

• Like 1

On 21/07/2023 at 08:26, LondonLax said:

It was the major holding but apparently we had to reduce it to 30% because we’re both in Conference League together 😂

They will be able to sell us players and we loan them players like RedBull and City group do. 

It was 44% initially. It's more about scouting network, ability to loan players and making it easier to acquire young international talents by bringing them through vitoria first. 

On 26/07/2023 at 19:06, Marka Ragnos said:

Fenerbahce won 5-0 yesterday, PAOK held 0-0 at home by Beitar Jerusalem, Basel lost 3-1 at home to Tobol Kastanay, Midtjylland won 2-0 at home yesterday, Cluj drew 1-1 at home with Adana Demirspor, Maccabi won 3-0 at home, and Viktoria Plzen drew 0-0 at home with Drita

Gent and Brugge both 2-0 up at home and looking comfortable, but I dont think all of these seeds are going to make it through - Basel have a lot to do, and Plzen, Cluj and PAOK all have difficult away games they need to win

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Are there 20 teams in world football who would be favourites against us in a 2 leg tie? 

I'd say 3 in Spain, 2/3 in Italy, 2 in Germany, PSG. 6 or 7 in England. Maybe 2 or 3 more? 

Edited by CVByrne