Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

True. He'll probably go in for Dendoncker. It was more the CP/AP I was doing it for really, but cheers :thumb::)

Would he need to go in "for" dendoncker...couldn't he just go in on top? Or am I missing something about us hitting a limit on availabe non AP players.

Just now, MrBlack said:

Would he need to go in "for" dendoncker...couldn't he just go in on top? Or am I missing something about us hitting a limit on availabe non AP players.

Yeah either or. Once we're 21+4 or in our case 21+1 then it's OK.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Edited :

From what I can deduce below, the squad looks like it'll be 21 players.  Max 21 + however many club players.

Our list A

CP=Club player
AP=Association player

1 LM Ramsey   (CP)
2 N/A (CP)
3 N/A (CP)
4 N/A (CP)

5 GK Martinez (AP)
6 RB Cash     (AP)
7 CB Konsa    (AP)
8 CB Mings    (AP)
9 CB Chambers (AP)
10 RM Traore   (AP)
11 FW Watkins  (AP)

12 GK Olsen
13 CB Torres
14 CB Carlos
15 LB Moreno
16 LB Digne
17 CM Kamara
18 CM Dendoncker
19 CM Tielemans
20 CM Luiz
21 RM McGinn
22 RM Buendia
23 RM Coutinho
24 RM Bailey
25 FW Duran

List B from senior squad

1 GK Sinisalo (CP)
2 CM Iroegbunam(AP)
3 FW Archer   (CP)

Official regs

Max 25 players in list A
>= 8 must be 'locally trained'
Of the 8 there must be >=4 club-trained

Locally-trained = club-trained or association-trained

Club-trained = between age 15 and 21 (or the seasons where they turned that age) they spent 3 full seasons with the club (can be non-consecutive seasons) or 36 months
Association-trained = between age 15 and 21 (or the seasons where they turned that age) they spent 3 full seasons within your FA (can be non-consecutive seasons) or 36 months

Very useful post. Nitpicking and I know you know this from the follow-up posts, but it's not 8 and 4 must be AP/CP, it's that max 17 and max 21 can be not AP/CP.

Subtle difference, which looks like limiting us to 1 CP only. Or we could get Jack back :trollface:

Edited by fightoffyour

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Very useful post. Nitpicking and I know you know this from the follow-up posts, but it's not 8 and 4 must be AP/CP, it's that max 17 and max 21 can be not AP/CP.

Subtle difference, which looks like limiting us to 1 CP only. Or we could get Jack back :trollface:

You raise an interesting point about Jack... any other club trained players out there that we could look to bring back that would actually be good enough for us? 

Can't think of any, but then my memory is shit so...

Edited by MrBlack

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You raise an interesting point about Jack... any other club trained players out there that we could look to bring back that would actually be good enough for us? 

Can't think of any, but then my memory is shit so...

O'Hare? Gabby? Oh, actually good enough...

Edited by fightoffyour

Aston Villa and Brighton cleared to play in European competitions next season after UEFA found no multi-club ownership conflicts after making "significant changes". They can’t transfer players with their related clubs, cooperate on anything or use joint scouting/player databases. No transfer allowed between each other until at least September 2024.

Villa now officially in Europe next season. Looks like the partnership with Vitoria will now be dormant for some time.

5 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Villa now officially in Europe next season. Looks like the partnership with Vitoria will now be dormant for some time.

so i take it the benjamin sesko deal between salzburg and leipzig has been bombed off then?

and im sure chelsea will fall under the same rules too

bizarre that it seems to be us and brighton that broke the camels back

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so i take it the benjamin sesko deal between salzburg and leipzig has been bombed off then?

image.jpeg.c4e4ee006e10e1f6fb154ee76d7d132e.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I never considered the RB teams. How did they both play in the Champions League all those years?  I don’t get it. 

6 minutes ago, John said:

image.jpeg.c4e4ee006e10e1f6fb154ee76d7d132e.jpeg

thinking about it some more and taking the tin foil off my head i suppose its a uefa thing because we're in the same competition and that obviously doesnt impact chelsea 

but where do they draw the line? the gazprom stuff existed before, the RB stuff existed before, what happens with RB now? if they're both in the CL they have the same rules?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I never considered the RB teams. How did they both play in the Champions League all those years?  I don’t get it. 

they're probably the worst for transferring players to each other too, its every summer, salzburg are a feeder club

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thinking about it some more and taking the tin foil off my head i suppose its a uefa thing because we're in the same competition and that obviously doesnt impact chelsea 

but where do they draw the line? the gazprom stuff existed before, the RB stuff existed before, what happens with RB now? if they're both in the CL they have the same rules?

I guess it's like VAR, wherever they want to. With the tin foil still firmly on my head. I guess UEFA don't much like PL clubs and focus on us, so choose to leave the RB's undisturbed to swim freely in the river. They probably shy away from the so called bigger fish, might not bother with the tiddlers (which they might still see Brighton as), but when they are alerted to the fact that the big one that got away in 1982 is back, they look to reel us in. Sorry to bring fish and fishing into this! :D

image.jpeg.d7e350c6d312ccbdc1254448dd158440.jpeg 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea aren't in Europe 😂

• Haha 2