Midweek Football 15/18 May

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Luton or Coventry? Wouldn't have predicted that at the start of the season.

Luton were play off semi-finalists last season and Coventry weren't far from the play offs either and were messed up start of season with pitch not being playable after the Commonwealth games so I wasn't too surprised to see one of them in the play offs.

Neither are as good as Forest were so can't see anything but 20th place finish for whoever wins but both fanbases won't care one little bit given what's happened to both in last 20 years.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Wow Luton or Cov!

I would like to see Coventry promoted just from a rivalry perspective!

I don’t understand the proper history between the clubs as it was before my time..

It's very one sided, just like us v Wolves currently.

Was hilarious when we sent them down in 2001 though. I'm sure the cameras will be panning the stands for that guy with the "we'll be back" banner if he's still alive!

• Haha 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Luton or Coventry making it to the Premiership is all kinds of crazy. But that's what's so awesome about English football in my opinion. 

i remember when Cov were in the top league, heck, we signed Dion Dublin from them lol.

I think I'd prefer Coventry up - be nice to have a shitty Midlands club undercut our low points total from the year we went down.

Whichever one comes up will get embarrassingly outclassed - may as well be a team we can take the piss out of

Just now, MaVilla said:

i remember when Cov were in the top league, heck, we signed Dion Dublin from them lol.

I had some great memories in the Holte playing against Coventry. 

Whelan and Dublin. 

• Like 2

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Luton or Coventry making it to the Premiership is all kinds of crazy. But that's what's so awesome about English football in my opinion. 

I've always said I'd finish with football if they ever scrap relegation (which is a lingering worry with so much American ownership now). For all its ills Luton and Coventry show you can still rise up quickly the football pyramid if you make good decisions from the top.

Plenty of sides still do it, go back 15 years and Brentford and Bournemouth were both mid table league 2 clubs, infact I think the season Luton started with -30 and eventually went into non league Bournemouth also had a big points deduction and survived relegation on final day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Wow Luton or Cov!

I would like to see Coventry promoted just from a rivalry perspective!

I don’t understand the proper history between the clubs as it was before my time..

Premier League Villa v Coventry 1992-2001 P18 W10 D4 L4.

Â