The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Looks like João Palhinha deal has collapsed which would mean gravenberch to liverpool would be off 

Over to you Kavi...

I've just been told by our sources close to Gravenberch that the player has informed Bayern that his choice is a move to Chelsea.

🤣

6 hours ago, Nicho said:

It’s madness not to sell Salah for that much, if he loses a yard he’s done. 2 years left on his contract. 

I actually think it makes sense to hang onto him for 12 more months.

They can absorb losing CL revenue for a year just like Man. United but two years on the trot would I assume be a big issue so keep him and they're far more likely to make top 4 and/or win the europa and next summer they'll still be Saudi clubs bidding 100m for him.

I actually think they'll be Man. City's closest challengers in the end so you never know he might feel he's got one more major trophy win in him in his career at Liverpool.

5 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

sangare to forest. solid signing.

I feel like forest's squad has about 50 players.

Sangare-Gibbs White- Elanga-Awoniyi-Hudson Odoi is potentially a very good midfield and forward line. Depends massively on Hudson Odoi given how good Johnson was for them and his career has stalled after that bad injury at Chelsea when he'd just broken through.

Only thing I don't get with Forest is not spending any money on a decent CB as they still regularly play likes of McKenna and Joe Worrall who are too slow and gift goals v best teams.

I'd be amazed though if we get to April and they're in serious relegation danger, they should be set up for comfortable mid table finish.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised Chelsea are selling him. I assume Cucerella is back in when Chilwell inevitably picks up a long term injury.

Literally never heard of him. And now he's £31.5 million. But I suppose that's on me!

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He did quite well for them in pre season apparently, came on v Liverpool on opening day.

I see now he was on loan at Burnley last season so they know what they are getting.

That fee seems outrageous though.

Maatsen is a very good player, was one of Burnley's best last season and did very well the season before at Coventry, but that was all at Championship level, so thirty million seems incredibly excessive, I would have thought more around £15m with sell-on clause for Chelsea, then again the rumour was that Chelsea wanted to keep him and only selling because they can't sell Cucerella.

30 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Literally never heard of him. And now he's £31.5 million. But I suppose that's on me!

He's turned the deal down I think. 

He's out of contract next season according to reports, so Chelsea will be livid 

The Salah bid is a pure power play by the Saudi league. Take a huge Premier League player, from a top team, on deadline day. It's a two fingers up to the Premier League. He's probably the most high profile Muslim player about as well. Its a warning shot. 

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Chelsea's spending is insane, I can't quite get my head around it. 

I think the craziest part is even after all that spending, they still look so average. It's bizarre. 

It's completely and utterly nuts, and even though it's getting a lot of attention, it should be getting more! Gary Neville etc should be asking WTF is going on.

It's something bizarre where they need all new players so the structure of their contracts fit their crazy plan.

FFP is a joke. Why exactly was it originally brought in other than to stop clubs infiltrating the top 4?

Because a couple of clubs went out of business due to financial mismanagement?

Looking at the likes of Reading, financial mismanagement still seems to be happening regardless of FFP.

It’s just good that Chelsea are run by someone that has absolutely no idea about soccerball / non-American football, otherwise Chelsea might actually challenge for a place in the top 8.