The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This line about release clauses got me thinking how Grealish’s camp probably leaked the release clause figure to help the move. As outside of the Athlethic’s Man City reporter, it wasn’t public knowledge 

But it's easy for a players agent to leak there's a release clause, there's nothing the club that own's the player can do. It's not like we could have accused Man City of tapping him up, it was Grealish himself that leaked it. 

20 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Tom Davies joins Sheffield United on a free. Good workman-like signing for them, quite an average player but turned down extension at everton. Reckon sheffield united are still screwed tho

Tom Davies Calvert Lewin Fashion - Dominic Calvert Lewin And Tom Davies ...

He's like no workman i've ever seen.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

But it's easy for a players agent to leak there's a release clause, there's nothing the club that own's the player can do. It's not like we could have accused Man City of tapping him up, it was Grealish himself that leaked it. 

Jack was always to find a way to leave ultimately, but I don’t know how clubs can stop players and their agents doing this. I’m sure it happens a lot more than we realise too. 

40 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Has Boehly taken some kind of 'Brewster's Millions' type wager where he has to spend all their money as quickly as possible?

I have a feeling that the PIF have guaranteed to buy players from them in the future.

This would explain the carefree spending…

They have an insurance policy.

The PIF get a steam of PL big names filtered through to them via Stamford Bridge 

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Olise has signed a new 4 year contract at crystal palace 😮

good lad, will play every week for palace, got every chance of still being a star there and getting a huge move in 3/4 years time

exactly what chuk should have done

18 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

I have a feeling that the PIF have guaranteed to buy players from them in the future.

The PIF get a steam of PL big names filtered through to them via Stamford Bridge 

Yeah, that's not a bad theory at all. That along with a steady supply of academy players/loanees to Strasbourg that they can cash in on means they can probably just about stay the right side of the FFP line (or they don't care and will just risk the punishment).

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Has Boehly taken some kind of 'Brewster's Millions' type wager where he has to spend all their money as quickly as possible?

I know Pocch has put a bit of weight on but he's hardly John Candy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Might not be a bad shout, kinda makes sense. 

Said elsewhere that Boehly is forcing a reckoning either for the league or Chelsea. Looking more likely the league will break before Chelsea at this point. 

2 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Word is that the Chelsea model is based on the PL revenues increasing ever higher over the next few years. Whether that's via TV deals or internet sub's or whatever they have planned..

Payet to vasco de gama

Singo and zakaria to monaco

Arnautovic to inter Milan

Tim krul to luton

Augustinsson to anderlecht

Renato sanches and paredo to roma

Rovella to lazio on loan

De ketaelare on loan to atalanta

Gosens to union berlin

Diallo from psg to a Qatari team

16 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Tyler Adams set for Bournemouth medical after they triggered release clause….that’s some downgrade from Chelsea, he must be gutted

But still a massive upgrade on Leeds 😉

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Chelsea to buy majority stake in the Hackensack Bulls confirmed!

(I loved this movie as a kid!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Tyler Adams set for Bournemouth medical after they triggered release clause….that’s some downgrade from Chelsea, he must be gutted

I think Bournemouth are building a good side they had a good Manager in O’Neil but they’ve replaced him with another godo progressive manager.  It’s a better move for Adams career and it’s not like Chelsea can offer European football.

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think Bournemouth are building a good side they had a good Manager in O’Neil but they’ve replaced him with another godo progressive manager.  It’s a better move for Adams career and it’s not like Chelsea can offer European football.

better than leeds in the short term definitely, but for the player the huge contracts over a number of years at chelsea would have made him a hell of a lot of cash. That being said he will get more gametime and still a decent raise at bournemouth plus premier league football so he is still winning

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

better than leeds in the short term definitely, but for the player the huge contracts over a number of years at chelsea would have made him a hell of a lot of cash. That being said he will get more gametime and still a decent raise at bournemouth plus premier league football so he is still winning

As well as being match fit for the World Cup in USA