The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

On 08/08/2023 at 16:53, Zatman said:

Teams should be punished with the parachute payments, should be targets they have to reach

This is such a good idea, have to reach a certain amount of points to achieve a certain level of payments. 

would keep the bottom teams competitive all year and the football league would probably like the idea aswel.

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

David Raya signs 1 year contract extension with Brentford. He will be loaned to Arsenal for the season with obligation to buy, loan fee of 3 mil and 27 mil obligation to buy apparently

Clever FFP work around for Arsenal. But also a bit weird lol. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Clever FFP work around for Arsenal. But also a bit weird lol. 

yeah i think it was a good deal for everyone as brentford have the option of taking their goalie back from arsenal if he dosent get as many games as he wants there, either reintegrating him into the squad or selling him to someone else. Raya still gets the move he wants this season and as you say the FFP thing will give them more money to spend elsewhere

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

yeah i think it was a good deal for everyone as brentford have the option of taking their goalie back from arsenal if he dosent get as many games as he wants there, either reintegrating him into the squad or selling him to someone else. Raya still gets the move he wants this season and as you say the FFP thing will give them more money to spend elsewhere

Nah. He's gone, he's an Arsenal player, it's just FFP manipulation.

Why would Brentford give a shit if he plays games?

6 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Nah. He's gone, he's an Arsenal player, it's just FFP manipulation.

Why would Brentford give a shit if he plays games?

thats what they were parroting on sky sports, protects their investment apparently

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

thats what they were parroting on sky sports, protects their investment apparently

Makes no sense, if Arsenal have an obligation to buy then Brentford don't care if he breaks both his hands or never plays.

• Like 1

There’s no way Chelsea will sign Lavia, Caicedo and Adams. Will be 2 of them and I wouldn’t be surprised if Brighton get £100m out of them for Caicedo, purely because Boehly won’t want to be seen as losing at anything.

I really hope they get Lavia though, just to piss off Klopp.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

There’s no way Chelsea will sign Lavia, Caicedo and Adams. Will be 2 of them and I wouldn’t be surprised if Brighton get £100m out of them for Caicedo, purely because Boehly won’t want to be seen as losing at anything.

I really hope they get Lavia though, just to piss off Klopp.

"Challenge accepted"

cca24c588ce11242ca85cb3d7e031a1727c0a935

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I have no idea how Lavia plays or even his position. Sum him up anyone?

Seemingly part of Southamptons brilliant £80m PL midfield along with JWP... 

To be fair not seen enough of him or Southampton but it does seem mad, livramento was injured but he went for £40m too

Watching some of these teams who haven't improved their squad and messing about when the season starts in a couple of days. I've never understood the penny pinching mentality of waiting until the end of the window, it's so valuable to get your players in for pre season and the first few matches.

I'm really surprised more clubs haven't copied Chelsea's transfer policy, especially if it's within the rules. I know most clubs can't really attract players on seven-year contracts but it could end up working out of them over time. 

I don't like it, but I kind of respect that they've found a loophole around FFP. 

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'm really surprised more clubs haven't copied Chelsea's transfer policy, especially if it's within the rules. I know most clubs can't really attract players on seven-year contracts but it could end up working out of them over time. 

I don't like it, but I kind of respect that they've found a loophole around FFP. 

That was removed from the rules last season because of Chelsea. FFP will only count towards 5 years going forward