The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He played up top for twice as many games as he played deeper last season. 

Screenshot_20230617_112627_Chrome.jpg

But he nearly always played with a more traditional striker like Silva or Poulsen so he could float about

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But he nearly always played with a more traditional striker like Silva or Poulsen so he could float about

Doesn't mean that's how  he'll  be playing going forwards.

This is Chelsea, he'll probably play CB or something daft.

Royal saying he wants to leave Brentford for Spurs as he:

"Has ambitions... to try and win titles and to compete in Europe".

I dont think he's thought that one through. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Royal saying he wants to leave Brentford for Spurs as he:

"Has ambitions... to try and win titles and to compete in Europe".

I dont think he's thought that one through. 

And Levy lowballing as nornal and getting the player to go to the press.  I hope Chelsea or Manure jump in and pay the money as he is a really good keeper.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I hate the man. He has contacts but he is just a weirdo obsessed with transfers and never anything else football related

I dont even think you could call him a journalist

No worries if you don’t like him but seems a bit odd to call him a weirdo obsessed with transfers 😅 I’m pretty sure he makes a living doing this. 

He might not be a journalist, but I bet there are many many journalists very envious of the niche he’s carved for himself. 

45 minutes ago, villaglint said:

No worries if you don’t like him but seems a bit odd to call him a weirdo obsessed with transfers 😅 I’m pretty sure he makes a living doing this. 

He might not be a journalist, but I bet there are many many journalists very envious of the niche he’s carved for himself. 

Sounds like he's more of a jerknalist to me... 🖊 🤡 👉 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I hate the man. He has contacts but he is just a weirdo obsessed with transfers and never anything else football related

I dont even think you could call him a journalist

I hate that the transfer market is like a game in itself now. Fans want their team to 'win' the transfer market as much as they do games on the pitch. Romano has tapped into that and just promotes endless rumours. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Mm so he is not a journalist but a weirdo obsessed with transfers?

Not sure the issue, he is clearly on the take of some clubs as well. Romano is a clown

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

one reason its better not to have England internationals..........

Of course trash media have problem with this sort of behaviour. Remember when there were fines for this sort of behaviour?!

Just read about the Neves deal on BBC. 

Absolutely stinks. Dodgy as anything. 

He's has not been a £50m player since his opening season(s) in the Prem.

For Wolves to make that much money on him just doesn't sit well. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Saudis are coming to take the game and nobody knows what to do about it. 

I was thinking about this. Given they own Newcastle, is it possible that in the future they’d arrange for Newcastle’s top players to be sold to the Saudi league for a below market price? Is that a possible end game with owning them?

Theyd sort of be using Newcastle as a feeder club to buy up European players when they might be cheaper and then selling them on below market price once their value has increased 

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I was thinking about this. Given they own Newcastle, is it possible that in the future they’d arrange for Newcastle’s top players to be sold to the Saudi league for a below market price? Is that a possible end game with owning them?

Theyd sort of be using Newcastle as a feeder club to buy up European players when they might be cheaper and then selling them on below market price once their value has increased 

My guess is the end game will be buying/merging with PL as they’ve done in golf or same thing with CL/Super League whatever you want to call it. They are an irresistible force once they start throwing the money about so end game (that they will be one’s calling shots) seems pretty inevitable. At least some of the golfing world showed a moral backbone (for a while). I’d be surprised if football puts up much of a fight. Been run by money for a long time to it’s a pretty logical conclusion. Think a lot of fans will be pretty pissed but also pretty powerless.  

56 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Saudis are coming to take the game and nobody knows what to do about it. 

They did it with Golf in a matter of 18 months. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

My guess is the end game will be buying/merging with PL as they’ve done in golf or same thing with CL/Super League whatever you want to call it. They are an irresistible force once they start throwing the money about so end game (that they will be one’s calling shots) seems pretty inevitable. At least some of the golfing world showed a moral backbone (for a while). I’d be surprised if football puts up much of a fight. Been run by money for a long time to it’s a pretty logical conclusion. Think a lot of fans will be pretty pissed but also pretty powerless.  

How? I 100% can see CL games in Saudi, I can see the Saudi national team in the nations league, at a stretch I can see PL games there*, if a super league ever happened then yeah maybe some games there, fifa will inevitably sell them their club world cup**

But a merger? No way, the PL ownership model would never allow it

* still convinced the only reason it didn't happen was because it was the extra 39th game rather than a regular game

** this club world cup should replace the confederation cup as the WC stadium tester, that cup is dead

Edit - for how many years have they talked about, tried and failed to get celtic and rangers in the PL? But now they'll add Saudi teams? Not happening is it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

In next decade they'll be playing CL finals in Riyadh and other venues. Infact can see european CL merging with some of the better Asian teams in their competition.

Beyond that just a nice general sprinkling of sportswashing especially given the grim executions in the last week.

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How? I 100% can see CL games in Saudi, I can see the Saudi national team in the nations league, at a stretch I can see PL games there*, if a super league ever happened then yeah maybe some games there, fifa will inevitably sell them their club world cup**

But a merger? No way, the PL ownership model would never allow it

* still convinced the only reason it didn't happen was because it was the extra 39th game rather than a regular game

** this club world cup should replace the confederation cup as the WC stadium tester, that cup is dead

Edit - for how many years have they talked about, tried and failed to get celtic and rangers in the PL? But now they'll add Saudi teams? Not happening is it

No I don’t mean merging the leagues they will know that fans will throw toys out the pram with that one. I just meant that Saudis will end up owning a slice of the league itself rather than just a team in it. The “merger” was just a reference to how the deal in golf was sold to general public.