"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

So have they not changed the Upper Holte catering to the same as Lower Holte with the self service walkthrough and drinks ordering screens? 

Seems mad not to have done that.

41 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Yes it did, toilets now have queues to get into, and bars/food stands take an age to get served at due to the amount of people. Everything that Holte Enders said they wanted has now gotten worse. Hoping the terrace view falls flat on its arse personally.

I had no bad ill towards it before, as long as it didn’t affect the regular holte fans. But that is appalling, I thought it may affect things when I wasn’t allowed to walk across the middle (no sign on the door saying holte terrace). That really is bad form, especially when they hadn’t added in the quick service thing the lower has.

11 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

So following all the debate, I thought I would give a little review of this facility after the game today. I will try to do this in chronological order as much as possible…

1) We arrived and entered through the normal turnstiles, and then had no idea where to go. There were posters dotted around but it wasn’t clear at all. I asked one of the stewards who told me the Terrace View wasn’t open yet as it’s not finished the refurb. I was dubious, so I asked another steward, he pointed me in the right direction. Again though, not really signposted, so not a great start. 

2) On entry, you are given a lanyard and a wristband for this specific match. It feels like a bit of overkill, not sure why both are necessary, especially when you have a season ticket card to gain entry, but so be it. They were very clear that you need both the wristband and the lanyard to gain access and to stay in. I was also given a programme and 2 drinks vouchers.

3) Immediate impressions were that it’s a really nice facility, it’s more like a cool bar that serves food than a traditional pub, and there was a mix of people in there, older, younger, men, women, kids etc. I was surprised how many kids were in there actually, it definitely had more of a family feel than the concourse.

4) There is views out on to the pitch through glass windows, but you can’t access this area as it is the accessible supports area - a bit frustrating but fair enough. I would imagine that if you could access this area, everyone would want to be out there.

5) To the other side there is an access on to the outdoor terrace which is a spillover area to have food and drinks, this is basically the area below the Villa badge on the Villa Park sign on the Holte End, at the top of the steps. Again, this is quite a nice little area and I enjoyed a pint here.

6) Drinks service was a quick and the beers were nice. On tap there I noticed Moretti and Neck Oil, there was a couple of others. I did comment to my pal that the service was very quick for being at a football match, and then he replied to say that “well we are paying extra for hospitality so it should be quicker really shouldn’t it?” There was self pour taps for those paying for drinks or not wanting to wait at the bar.

7) Our seats were in the upper Holte, but it wasn’t railed seating as expected. As I looked around, there was a mix of people with lanyards/wristbands and people without. Atmosphere was amazing!

8 ) At half time as we re-entered the Terrace View bar, there was chants from the concourse of “where were you when we were shit”. It’s banter but actually it made us a bit uncomfortable, we are all there supporting Villa! A bit of a shame for sure.

9) Food service at half time was quick, ordering on online screens and then collecting from the counter. Basically like a McDonald’s. Food was expensive though, reasonable quality. Not sure I would eat again.

10) Post-game we went back down to see what it was like at the end, and it was quieter but there was still enough people milling around and drinking in there. Again there was a few abusive comments and shouting from some lads on the main concourse, “posh bastards” etc. So be it.

On the whole I was quite impressed, and it actually made me think that it might be with the extra money. It’s a nice space that isn’t as crowded as the concourse, and the service is quick, that is basically what you are paying for, not enhanced seating. 

Happy to answers any questions if anyone has any and I am able to.

Just to be clear, I purchased a Terrace View season ticket and went with an open mind today, so this is just my feedback based on the experience today after a 4-0 win…

I think the chants etc will die down once the novelty wears off. 

Unless we're being particularly poor. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

IMG_9111.jpeg.7f79dac19e27955efbf02ea07660f86d.jpeg

So you can’t complain when they’ve sold out of drink because some bloke 10 minutes ago didn’t finish his. Makes sense.

**** me. That is shocking. Appalling customer service. 

That needs a complaint to the club for sure. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

**** me. That is shocking. Appalling customer service. 

That needs a complaint to the club for sure. 

Not to mention the appalling lack of punctuation.  @mjmooney is going to have a fit isnt he. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

10) Post-game we went back down to see what it was like at the end, and it was quieter but there was still enough people milling around and drinking in there. Again there was a few abusive comments and shouting from some lads on the main concourse, “posh bastards” etc. So be it

this is a shame...and that's after a 4-0 win, might worse when people are actually pissed off!

which block is your seat?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is a shame...and that's after a 4-0 win, might worse when people are actually pissed off!

which block is your seat?

Indeed, we will just have to keep winning 4-0!

I’m in block K5…great atmosphere 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

Indeed, we will just have to keep winning 4-0!

I’m in block K5…great atmosphere 

good that you got a reasonably central seat then - i was concerned that they'd shove everyone in the wings!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

good that you got a reasonably central seat then - i was concerned that they'd shove everyone in the wings!

To be fair to the club - when I purchased the guy asked me where I wanted to sit, and the options were “slightly higher and more central” or “slightly lower and wider”. I wanted to be more central…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So I noticed this took up room in the upper holte (where you could look at the pitch), also taking up toilets and bars. Did this cause more queues elsewhere? (I didn’t go down at half time).

Well yes as about 5,500 people now have about 40% less concourse space than they previously had.

Â