"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

14 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

Does anyone know many rows are there in the upper holte?

Around 35, I think. The information isn't readily available on an internet search but hopefully they'll be a VTer who sits near the back who can confirm.

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Would’ve expected a bit more behind the scenes footage and updates from the club regarding the progress tbh…

Our social media fan engagement is kinda poor IMO as it’s a matrix used to showcase to prospective sponsors our global reach and it’s just the same old regurgitated content. 

They don't usually publicise hospitality stuff to the fan base.

19 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

Does anyone know many rows are there in the upper holte?

I'm on row 16 and I'm on the last row of normal seating now. The back 20 rows are all rail seating so there's 36.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Milfner said:

I'm on row 16 and I'm on the last row of normal seating now. The back 20 rows are all rail seating so there's 36.

According to the ticketing site K2 has 35 rows. From 21 to 35 is shown as "This is a future Rail Seat"

• Like 1

This twatter comment below looks totally false to me - smacks of being written by a PR person, especially the exclamation mark at the end.   Villa trying to justify their mistake? 

I'm all for maximising revenue but there is plenty of room in the stadium elsewhere for hospitality style seating and packages.  The Holte is the hotbed of the most vocal and passionate supporters, it's not the place for such things and core support should not be messed with. 

Although I suspect it is intended to replace North Stand hospitality while we rebuild that stand, I think NSWE have dropped a huge bollock in terms of fan relations messing with the Holte. Especially if there is a claim it is based on that fan consultation.  I don't believe for a second many fans would have wanted this.    

• Like 1

The picture on the left is surely what it was before the work started? It always had the windows looking onto the pitch. Now you just have to pay about half a grand a season to get the same view with added leather seats and vol au vents.

Edited by The Fun Factory

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The picture on the left is surely what it was before the work started? It always had the windows looking onto the pitch. Now you just have to pay about half a grand a season to get the same view with added leather seats and vol au vents.

I do like a good vol au vent

I've bought two of these season tickets. It was exactly what i was looking to buy. i'm not too bothered about it being hospitality but being in the upper holte was a priority for me.

I've been to hospitality a number of times in the past and i've always looked and listened enviably to the holte end as that is where all the noise and atmosphere comes from. I've sat there a couple of times last season and there is nowhere else in the ground i'd like to be.

It will also be nice being able to go to the loo, get a drink and something to eat without waiting an age and having the toilet full of smokers!

Yes it was a bit expensive but after talking to some mates who support other clubs they thought it wasn't that bad. £87 a game for a guaranteed ticket to every game with a lounge area before during and after and some drinks thrown in. One of them said it was a bargain but he is a spurs fan. Just for reference the other two were an arsenal fan and a manc. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, El Segundo said:

This twatter comment below looks totally false to me - smacks of being written by a PR person, especially the exclamation mark at the end.   Villa trying to justify their mistake? 

I'm all for maximising revenue but there is plenty of room in the stadium elsewhere for hospitality style seating and packages.  The Holte is the hotbed of the most vocal and passionate supporters, it's not the place for such things and core support should not be messed with. 

Although I suspect it is intended to replace North Stand hospitality while we rebuild that stand, I think NSWE have dropped a huge bollock in terms of fan relations messing with the Holte. Especially if there is a claim it is based on that fan consultation.  I don't believe for a second many fans would have wanted this.    

I think most fans did indicate they wanted this. They just didn't want the prices that it comes with or anticipate it being a season ticket option for those on the waiting list. 

On 12/08/2023 at 06:02, Hereford-Villan said:

I've bought two of these season tickets. It was exactly what i was looking to buy. i'm not too bothered about it being hospitality but being in the upper holte was a priority for me.

I've been to hospitality a number of times in the past and i've always looked and listened enviably to the holte end as that is where all the noise and atmosphere comes from. I've sat there a couple of times last season and there is nowhere else in the ground i'd like to be.

It will also be nice being able to go to the loo, get a drink and something to eat without waiting an age and having the toilet full of smokers!

Yes it was a bit expensive but after talking to some mates who support other clubs they thought it wasn't that bad. £87 a game for a guaranteed ticket to every game with a lounge area before during and after and some drinks thrown in. One of them said it was a bargain but he is a spurs fan. Just for reference the other two were an arsenal fan and a manc. 

Hi mate. I was in the exact same boat. Went to every home game last season bar Leeds (it was a Friday and I was working) sitting all over the ground. Holte Upper was always 10/10 every time so took the option for this ticket when it was offered to me.

Have you had your Season Card yet? Your seats allocated? I haven't yet unfortunately. The information and communication from the club has been abysmal and I can't purchase any Conference League seats unless it's a Terrace View package either... I've been in contact and they're looking to resolve it this week. Seems there were a lot of things they didn't prepare for in the lead up to selling these off. 

Think it works out to £82 per game and included is 2 x drinks per game + programme per game too so it's not as extortionate as it's made out to be especially if you're adding in the beers. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1HoV said:

Hi mate. I was in the exact same boat. Went to every home game last season bar Leeds (it was a Friday and I was working) sitting all over the ground. Holte Upper was always 10/10 every time so took the option for this ticket when it was offered to me.

Have you had your Season Card yet? Your seats allocated? I haven't yet unfortunately. The information and communication from the club has been abysmal and I can't purchase any Conference League seats unless it's a Terrace View package either... I've been in contact and they're looking to resolve it this week. Seems there were a lot of things they didn't prepare for in the lead up to selling these off. 

Think it works out to £82 per game and included is 2 x drinks per game + programme per game too so it's not as extortionate as it's made out to be especially if you're adding in the beers. 

Nope haven't had anything as of Friday and i'm on holiday now until Saturday so lets hope they're on the matt when we get back!!

Communication has been abysmal just like you say. Its been woeful from start to finish. I have been on to my member profile and all the games show up now. According to that i'm in K4 row 35 which is right at the back which isn't ideal as i'd like to have been a bit lower. Although i'm not sure if they are permanent seats. 

I think the upper holte season ticket is cheap anyway as do my mates who go regular to other clubs around the country. Look at prices for other clubs and £40 odd quid a game is near non existent at a top club 

I'm not sure if we can choose other areas of the ground with our season cards as i think we're now classed as hospitality season holders now?

7 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

Nope haven't had anything as of Friday and i'm on holiday now until Saturday so lets hope they're on the matt when we get back!!

Communication has been abysmal just like you say. Its been woeful from start to finish. I have been on to my member profile and all the games show up now. According to that i'm in K4 row 35 which is right at the back which isn't ideal as i'd like to have been a bit lower. Although i'm not sure if they are permanent seats. 

I think the upper holte season ticket is cheap anyway as do my mates who go regular to other clubs around the country. Look at prices for other clubs and £40 odd quid a game is near non existent at a top club 

I'm not sure if we can choose other areas of the ground with our season cards as i think we're now classed as hospitality season holders now?

I'm near the top of K2. I've got a couple of family who are members so they can use their memberships when it comes to other tickets if needs be I suppose. My own membership doesn't actually end until October but I can't use it purchase tickets elsewhere which I've complained about but they say they can't do anything about now I'm a 'hospitality' ticket holder, which it wasn't sold to me as in the first place.

Hopefully they listen to the current feedback and change over tiime.

if you buy one of these , does that mean you qualify for European tickets for away games ?

I'd like to go to few of these , but from what I saw for the Hibs game , tickets will ONLY be available to season ticket holders ? 

@Hereford-Villan @1HoV... why would you want to sit elsewhere in the ground? You'd lose access to the lounge and your drinks?

They've definitely made a mess of this, as they're selling it as a bolt on to existing ST holders, who retain their existing rights, but in order to not let it become a "pay to jump the queue" thing, any new people are being treated as hospitality ST holders, for which this was a new offering and so no queue existed.

It feels right now its played out, but at the same time, I think a lot of people have been missold so not sure how they're going to dig their way out of it. Be interested to hear what updates you get from the club on this. 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

if you buy one of these , does that mean you qualify for European tickets for away games ?

I'd like to go to few of these , but from what I saw for the Hibs game , tickets will ONLY be available to season ticket holders ? 

I believe you'll get to be able to enter a ballot for a very select and small number of away tickets that are set aside for TV holders, or possibly the whole hospitality offering. Chances are there'll be far more people asking for them than getting them either way. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Hospitality has (and to the best of my knowledge has always had) an entirely separate allocation of away tickets, it's not a big allocation and I believe they're going to put ballots in place if they're oversubscribed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hereford-Villan said:

I have been on to my member profile and all the games show up now. According to that i'm in K4 row 35 which is right at the back which isn't ideal as i'd like to have been a bit lower. Although i'm not sure if they are permanent seats. 

Is that for an individual ticket, or are you one of a couple or small group?

I'd imagine they'd try to put you in the better available areas, so if you're on your own, Row 35 probably doesn't bode well for other Terrace View ticket holders that are in pairs or threes.

4 hours ago, 1HoV said:

I'm near the top of K2. I've got a couple of family who are members so they can use their memberships when it comes to other tickets if needs be I suppose. My own membership doesn't actually end until October but I can't use it purchase tickets elsewhere which I've complained about but they say they can't do anything about now I'm a 'hospitality' ticket holder, which it wasn't sold to me as in the first place.

That's a strange one and something I hadn't thought of - you'll be sitting in the Upper Holte, but access to that part of the ground is going to be very limited for members, given that season ticket holders take up more than two thirds of the total seating and then the next six hundred available seats are occupied by Terrace View ticket holders.

If you have a couple of family members who have memberships, it's very unlikely that they'll be able to sit next to you, and possibly quite unlikely they'll be able to get into the Upper Holte - while at the same time, because of your status as a Hospitality Season ticket holder, you can't move out for a game so that all three of you can sit together in an area elsewhere in the ground - the separation of ticket type means that getting next to a specific member sounds almost impossible.

I'd guess that they'll give existing Terrace View members a first option on the remaining (single game) spots in the Terrace View and then do their best to re-seat you somewhere in the Upper Holte together?

Â