Midweek Football 10/13 April

andykeenan

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Think City could win it this time, can’t see anyone stopping them.

I hope they win. And the league too.

And then they are stripped of all titles. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If Bayern get rid of Neuer they will be asking about Martinez because this guy is dreadful. 

Yann Sommer is probably a better keeper than Emi and has shown it consistently throughout his career

• Like 1

Manchester City were excellent tonight.  Sometimes when you're used to watching a mid table side who have just started playing well (Villa) you get the reality check when you see just how far ahead the absolute elite teams are of the rest of us.  

I don't think Bayern were too bad tonight, Tuchel's ideas made sense if it was to bait the press then hit Manchester City with raw pace but there were a few mix ups at the back, not sure why the commentators were so keen to dig Sommer out when Upemecano had a stinker and that was probably all Manchester City needed to put Bayern to the sword. Grealish excellent again, Bernado is just a different class.  It really could have been five or six.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Two top teams playing superb football in the right spirit - I salute both of them!

The right spirit? Manchester f******* City?

No wonder they get away with everything when fans of opposing clubs who they've cheated are willing to not only totally ignore their crimes but hand out this sort of praise.

It doesn't matter how well they play, they are illegitimate and that's it.

The right spirit?

Can't believe what I'm reading tbh.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I hope they win. And the league too.

And then they are stripped of all titles. 

That isn’t going to happen. And even if they do get stripped of titles, that is a Premier League investigation, they can’t strip a CL off them.

24 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The right spirit? Manchester f******* City?

No wonder they get away with everything when fans of opposing clubs who they've cheated are willing to not only totally ignore their crimes but hand out this sort of praise.

It doesn't matter how well they play, they are illegitimate and that's it.

The right spirit?

Can't believe what I'm reading tbh.

In my opinion there is a difference between owners doing dodgy deals and being run by a nation, and 11 players who are just really good at football.

I despise Man City as much as the next person. But watching Haaland, De Bruyne, Rodri, I just sit and applaud them. 

Juste because the director of the theatre is a dodgy guy, it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the work actors put in their performance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

In my opinion there is a difference between owners doing dodgy deals and being run by a nation, and 11 players who are just really good at football.

I despise Man City as much as the next person. But watching Haaland, De Bruyne, Rodri, I just sit and applaud them. 

Juste because the director of the theatre is a dodgy guy, it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the work actors put in their performance. 

Those players shouldn't even be on the pitch together. It's just not right how people are eso willing to ignore the fact they've destroyed football just like because they play well.

They've brainwashed even fans of rival clubs. It's sad to see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

But those actors are only there performing because of the fraud and corruption of the owner. 

Surely that taints any enjoyment. 

53 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Manchester City were excellent tonight.  Sometimes when you're used to watching a mid table side who have just started playing well (Villa) you get the reality check when you see just how far ahead the absolute elite teams are of the rest of us.  

I don't think Bayern were too bad tonight, Tuchel's ideas made sense if it was to bait the press then hit Manchester City with raw pace but there were a few mix ups at the back, not sure why the commentators were so keen to dig Sommer out when Upemecano had a stinker and that was probably all Manchester City needed to put Bayern to the sword. Grealish excellent again, Bernado is just a different class.  It really could have been five or six.  

We’d beat that Bayern team.

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

Think City could win it this time, can’t see anyone stopping them.

i didnt even know they were playing last night, had to look up what round it is and who is left in it, does anyone know where the final is?

well done man city, you'll win it at a time where no one gives a **** because you (and others) have killed competition in football

Â