Vitoria SC

MaVilla

They have Easah Suliman on their books, although he's 25 and playing out on loan in the Portuguese 2nd division so I don't know how much longer he'll be there. 

Wonder which players we have that could go out to Portugal and benefit their team. 

I think someone like Archer could do well out there, but anyone else we have I'm not sure. If they're not performing in league 1 or 2 I don't think they'll be given minutes for a team that is consistently playing in Europe. 

30 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Ya rookie! Drop the word ‘thread’ and also the full stop! You don’t need the word thread in a thread title to show that it’s a thread… 😎

Was worth it to see you type thread 4 times in a single sentence 😆

Changed!

• Haha 1

Vitoria 2 - 1 Braga.

3 players sent off in the match (1 for Vitoria, 2 for Braga).......

Vitoria stay 5th (in the Europa Conf. League qualifier position), 4 points ahead of 6th place.

looks like 5th is their aim, as they are 7 points behind Sporting in 4th, and 12 pts behind Braga who are in 3rd.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is there another thread for this club or is it just immediately dormant?

Thinking of starting an FM23 save with Victoria SC and using the editor to make Villa a senior affiliate. Which got me thinking:

Which players currently on our books do you think would benefit from moving to Vitoria?

For me, the obvious choice and the one I hope happens is Jhon Duran. Speaks a version of Portuguese which will help settling, definitely ready for first team football as he's been doing it years already, just maybe not in the Prem. 

Other than him, my left-field pick would be Philogene or Kesler-Hayden, think both would flourish in the Portuguese league, but their loans haven't gone so well this season and it would be bad to leave them in a different country where they can't speak the language, struggling to get game time.

Iroegbunam maybe too if they need something in that position?

Maybe it'll depend more on where they're missing a first choice player that we can guarantee some game time to. 

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Thinking of starting an FM23 save with Victoria SC and using the editor to make Villa a senior affiliate. Which got me thinking:

Which players currently on our books do you think would benefit from moving to Vitoria?

For me, the obvious choice and the one I hope happens is Jhon Duran. Speaks a version of Portuguese which will help settling, definitely ready for first team football as he's been doing it years already, just maybe not in the Prem. 

Other than him, my left-field pick would be Philogene or Kesler-Hayden, think both would flourish in the Portuguese league, but their loans haven't gone so well this season and it would be bad to leave them in a different country where they can't speak the language, struggling to get game time.

Maybe it'll depend more on where they're missing a first choice player that we can guarantee some game time to. 

None to be honest.  I doubt we'll be sending players on loan there, but we'll see.

There's a thread over on main forum regarding it all (more widely).

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

it's interesting, ZED is already an affiliate in FM so I guess that has been "official"

I don't think Duran gets loaned out if we spend close to 20m on him. Wondering if Archer would be instead? I do think that your left-field picks are interesting propositions depending on if we get Europe or not. Kesler-Hayden is the one where I'm not sure what plans we have for him as he hasn't seen much of anything after returning from loan. 

On 13/04/2023 at 16:47, limpid said:

This forum is not for Football Manager discussion. Please use the Games and Gaming forum for that.

Sorry Limpid if what I said came across like it was solely about FM, I just meant my plan to play the game got me thinking of the real life links between our club and Vitoria and the real life possibilities of our players moving out on loan. I'll not mention the game again though. 

Â