Vitoria SC

MaVilla

as in the broad V Sport thread, Nassef & Wes were elected to the Vitoria board of directors themselves. 

In the same assembly, which took place in the auditorium of the D. Afonso Henriques Stadium, António Miguel Cardoso, Nuno Leite, José Eduardo Viamonte, Nassef Sawiris and Wesley Edens were also elected by majority to be members of the board of directors of the sports society.

Shareholders approved by majority the amendment of the social pact of the sports society - Vitória Sport Clube (vitoriasc.pt)

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Just sold u21 Portuguese CB Andre Amaro to Al-Rayyan Qatar club for £6.5 mill. 

2 players sold to Qatar this summer. 

Came to post the same thing and a bit confused by this. Both players to Qatar were young CBs. I would have thought a promising youngster would have been offered a good deal to stay at the club with the amount our owners now hold of the club. 

The 3 most expensive players on their books at the start of the transfer market, according to Trasfermarkt, have all moved on to different clubs now. In all cases they've sold the players for slightly over the websites valuation of them so I guess that's a good thing, but the income from transfers has been £20mil+ and the outlay on transfers has been £2mil. 

I'm wondering if the announcement from UEFA that we can't trade players between clubs for 12 months has pumped the breaks on plans for the club and we're now letting them sort themselves out until we can establish a better link. 

Â