If You Had A Time Machine ...

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not a big reader I’m afraid. 

Plot is pretty much that.  Scientist  finds a way of transporting objects through time, sends the male pill back to the well from which it's  guessed that Hitler's dad would have drunk. As a consequence Rudolph Gloder, a much more competent version of Hitler comes to power...

• Shocked 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm going to immediately subvert the premise of this thread a little, sorry. 

Because I don't want to invoke the law of unintended consequences, I don't want to time travel as specified - it's too dangerous. 

What I'd really like is a 'VR time machine'. You'd enter the room, put the headset on - so far, so Oculus Quest  - choose a time and place, and you'd instantly 'be' there and then. But only as an observer, with no ability to interact with people. As far as the people in your target zone are concerned, you're not there at all. But you'd have full sensory perception - 360° vision, touch, taste, smell, hearing. 

Just imagine, you could witness all the great - and not so great - events of history. Check out this Jesus story once and for all, stand unharmed on the slopes of Etna as Pompeii went under, look over Newton's shoulder as he scribbled his equations, watch Villa win their first FA Cup in 1887. 

It's be like the ultimate TV documentary streaming channel, but with total immersion. 

That's what I want. So I wish Elon Musk would stop pissing about with electric spaceships and get on with inventing it. 

So you would go be a fly on the wall at that Ross McCormack party then😂

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I’d go back 5 hours force you to change the rules to unlimited travel and then leap around like Dr Sam Beckett.

I'm not sure time travel is ever as simple as killing Hitler , I reckon a world war around that time frame would have been inevitable and whose not to say a few years difference wouldn’t have lead to more  destruction  and more atomic bombs being used .

Tempting as it is to go to September 28th 1066 and somehow sink  the Norman fleet , on  the basis I’m not changing anything I guess for my 2 days I’d go to the funeral of Khufu and see the great pyramid in all it’s splendour 

and I’d go back to the Jurassic era and have a day watching dinosaurs , seeing the planet before any human life , would be an amazing thing to observe 

yeah I’m boring and lacking imagination 

Pretty sure the dinosaurs would be glad to host you, too. 😉

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah , I like your idea , I actually thought about the Jesus idea for my post same reason as you but went with dinosaurs in the end , mainly as I don’t  think there is any actual evidence Jesus is real and I didn’t want to have wasted a day trip  :) 

There actually is a good amount of evidence that Jesus existed as a human. Anyone who accepts that Socrates was a real human should also accept that Jesus was.

The miracles, son of God, and resurrection, on the other hand, depend on faith.

20 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

25/12/0000,   Bethlehem,  dressed as a dominatrix , bringing gifts of anal lube and nipple tassles. 

That should make infant nativity plays far more entertaining.  

Why has noone picked this up?

You want to see 4/5 year old children in nipple tassels?! 😱

One guy names a fish and we get 30 pages of fish puns, a guy suggests bondage gear on small children and gets away scot-free?!

Not on my watch, you bunch of nonces!!

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2023 at 10:57, Follyfoot said:

1996 and walk out of the pub my future Mrs was in 

Yeah mine was going to be something similar, but mine would be not to take my first job cuz that's where I met my ex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Why has noone picked this up?

You want to see 4/5 year old children in nipple tassels?! 😱

One guy names a fish and we get 30 pages of fish puns, a guy suggests bondage gear on small children and gets away scot-free?!

Not on my watch, you bunch of nonces!!

I think your imagination is running away with you.🤣

The wise men were bearing gifts not wearing gifts.  If they were the wise man bringing gold would look like Mr T.  

I remember being a cowboy in our school nativity.   But that's because I was schooled in Wolverhampton and we could never find 3 wise men or a virgin.  

50 years later, I still have no idea what myrh is and I have never come across it in the real world.  

Although I do have to put on a dressing gown, put a tea towel on my head and pretend to be a shepherd in order to reach orgasm.  

Nothing weird at all.  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I think your imagination is running away with you.🤣

The wise men were bearing gifts not wearing gifts.  If they were the wise man bringing gold would look like Mr T.  

I remember being a cowboy in our school nativity.   But that's because I was schooled in Wolverhampton and we could never find 3 wise men or a virgin.  

50 years later, I still have no idea what myrh is and I have never come across it in the real world.  

Although I do have to put on a dressing gown, put a tea towel on my head and pretend to be a shepherd in order to reach orgasm.  

Nothing weird at all.  

Did you continue dressing as a cowboy and spend your later years in and around Wolverhampton town centre?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Did you continue dressing as a cowboy and spend your later years in and around Wolverhampton town centre?

No.  But I suspect you are referring to the local loon who did exactly that.  Absolutely true.  

He was a classic.  

"The Wolverhampton Cowboy"

https://www.logosapostolic.org/testimony/CowboyDavidCox.htm

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details
  • Like 1

Â