Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Acuña

Tavares

Guendouzi

Felix

Heh? Just Barca players mate… I think Christensen might have been mentioned too…

They’re desperate to shift players while meeting conditions due to debts (which they don’t seem to give a crap about! Keep bringing in more players!) and inability to register some signings…

A few people have suggested that our name is being used to try and draw attention to these players… I think they have a point.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Heh? Just Barca players mate… I think Christensen might have been mentioned too…

They’re desperate to shift players while meeting conditions due to debts (which they don’t seem to give a crap about! Keep bringing in more players!) and inability to register some signings…

A few people have suggested that our name is being used to try and draw attention to these players… I think they have a point.

Ah my bad, read it as "players we've been linked to"

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems we are just being linked to all of Barcas cast offs at this point.'

Maybe we are trolling Alemany? lol

Who, Mega Mind?

Yeah… it does feel that way doesn’t it…

Dunno if we actually want any Barca players…

Ferran probably makes the most sense but he’s trying to stay put and perform…

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we're taking any of Barca's overpaid cast-offs we should be getting an amazing deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

We may as well close the forum if you are never allowed an opinion that differs from the professionals. 

I have no issue with reasoned debate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am allowed to be amused by sweeping, unsupported statements however. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who, Mega Mind?

Yeah… it does feel that way doesn’t it…

Dunno if we actually want any Barca players…

Ferran probably makes the most sense but he’s trying to stay put and perform…

I can't unsee " Megamind " whenever Barca come up now due to @Tomaszk 😭

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More like they are trying to fob off to us or the media thinking Spanish manager Emery only wants players from Barca.  None of the deals seem to happen so I’m thinking it’s not from our side.

• Like 2

Newcastle being linked with Harry Maguire….still feel like he would be a good loan signing for us as cover (if we could get him on loan). Especially if we are playing 3 centrebacks, he would do a job on the left of the 3 as cover.
If he goes to Newcastle and does a good job, it might one of those we look back on and regret.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

We've found 7 goals in the last 2 PL matches without Watkins scoring. We have multiple different scoring outlets now. Obviously if he was injured it would be a big loss - he's an important first team starter - but we could set up to mitigate that even without any more forwards in.

He was on the pitch for 6 of them though, occupying defenders and directly involved in a few.

Either way though I'm relaxed about what we do up front. If we get a striker great, if not it will be because Unai has seen enough qualities in someone else to do it. Heck 12 months ago who thought John McGinn would slot in seamlessly on either wing or up front on occasion. We probably shouldn't read as much into positions as we used to. 

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

Newcastle being linked with Harry Maguire….still feel like he would be a good loan signing for us as cover (if we could get him on loan). Especially if we are playing 3 centrebacks, he would do a job on the left of the 3 as cover.
If he goes to Newcastle and does a good job, it might one of those we look back on and regret.

When you say "us" is that Newcastle or Villa? I'd be delighted if he went to Newcastle.

Edited by sne

Just now, GeordieVillan said:

On his wages…no thanks.  He’d easily be our highest earner by some margin.

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

Would be absolutely awful for us. He's a low block cb, playing him in a high line is the absolute worst thing you can do with him. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

spacer.png

(please sign Lenglet please sign Lenglet please sign Lenglet please sign Lenglet please sign Lenglet please sign Lenglet )

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

If Barca are to sign Felix they need to move on Torres or Fati surely. 

I  hope we do not sign Ansu Fati as i for one will not be putting FATI on the back of my away shirt......

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t really take notice that he flopped at Spurs. Flopping at Spurs is normal.

Think he played LCB a lot under Conte and has played a lot at Barcelona. Monchi signed hom for Seville so enough information available for us to make a decision.

Assume it's a loan most likely 

Ok… I think Lenglet would be decent for us under Unai… Konsa probably more likely to spend more time at RB…

Would expect him to be better for us than he was for Spurs…

As long as he doesn’t kick up a fuss if he’s not first choice… as cover… it only makes us stronger… can fill in for Mings’ absence for a season then probably move elsewhere…

Unai clearly wants a team/squad full of players that pass the ball well… seems to be the main priority. Technical prowess is a must…

In that context… kind of surprised if we stick with Olsen though… but it looks like we are…

-

We want a strong and competitive squad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Think he played LCB a lot under Conte and has played a lot at Barcelona. Monchi signed hom for Seville so enough information available for us to make a decision.

Assume it's a loan most likely 

Yeah it’s a loan… a lot of reports on it now.. seems to be gathering pace…