Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No he wasn't :lol:

He was brilliant for Inter.

So much so Juve then swooped and signed him for £40m. Then sold him to City for £60m.

He was a flop at Juventus and was pretty much forced out as they didnt think he could defend. They preferred the average De Sciglio over him near the end

28 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I can think of plenty who have come with great reputations from Serie A but have struggled in the PL. There have been some successes over the years, but they are quite a while ago now. Henry and Bergkamp being two that immediately come to mind.

I do think Chiesa could do well here if he is over his injury problems. He was the standout player for me in that Euro winning Italian team. I would definitely be excited by him signing for us.

Henry is a stretch. Only 16 games for Juve between Monaco and Arsenal

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was a flop at Juventus and was pretty much forced out as they didnt think he could defend. They preferred the average De Sciglio over him near the end

Wish we could make £20m on a flop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chiesa transfer would worry me. It’s no doubt a risk. You’re undoubtedly picking up a lot of potential but you’re also taking on a player who’s suffered a nasty injury and hasn’t looked the same since. 

It’s not to say it couldn’t work out, but I’m skeptical. 

Understand where your coming from 👍 I'm sure even if this was to happen (doubtful but maybe) everybody at the club including medical staff will make sure everything is fine regards that injury he did have because let's face it this would become our most expensive player in our history, so any doubts I would think villa would walk away as a mistake on this level could cripple us as a club financially & a player of this calibre not fit for the majority of season.

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Who's linked us with Chiesa?

The interwebs. Joking aside he's been linked with Liverpool, Chelsea us et al and will probably sign with no PL club but people need to make rumours

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Who's linked us with Chiesa?

First I'd heard of the link with Chiesa was when it was said he turned us down, that was a week or 2 ago. Think there is no direct link but a number of Premier league clubs are set to speak to his agent who appears to have flown into the UK. So probably nothing in it, who knows 💁‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have it on good authority that Emery only wants Spanish or Portuguese speaking players unless there is no transfer fee.

I heard he only wants Capricorns and Leos as well.

It's a strange approach, but full faith in Emery.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Barnes is a very hot and cold player im not that bothered if we miss out on him.

Newcastle spending almost 100m on two players cant see them adding kuch more unless they make some sales due to FFP

I think like Citeh, they will do what they want and worry about employing a few KC's to get around FFP later. They can also use the Chelsea option of flogging St Maximan and/or Almiron to Saudi for inflated fees. I doubt that they are done for this window. 

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Barca still foundering to sell players.

They have zero leverage with any deals they make.

Clubs will smell blood in the water and know what the key dates are for them and then make their move last minute

Someone will land Fati and I think it'll be someone surprising, mid table PL team not a CL club

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Clubs will smell blood in the water and know what the key dates are for them and then make their move last minute

Someone will land Fati and I think it'll be someone surprising, mid table PL team not a CL club

Hope they get ruined.

Players are totally stuck there unless they take a huge loss.

Fati is on £200k a week and Barca owe him about £60m on his current contract :lol:

To get him out, you'd have to get Fati to agree to a drop in salary or get Barca to pay for some of it.

Alemany is a genius of course, so nice and easy for him.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hope they get ruined.

Players are totally stuck there unless they take a huge loss.

Fati is on £200k a week and Barca owe him about £60m on his current contract :lol:

To get him out, you'd have to get Fati to agree to a drop in salary or get Barca to pay for some of it.

Alemany is a genius of course, so nice and easy for him.

It’s depressing when you see good players sign obscene long term contracts that are way above what their level of performance deserves. Sure it sets them up financially (unless it’s Barcelona paying the salary) but will pretty much destroy their careers.

It leaves them stuck at clubs they’re not good enough to play for and not able to go anywhere else without taking a pay it which they won’t do.

• Like 1