Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

sorry thatswho i meant

Just joking around, no worries. It’s a shit link and source (we covered it earlier) and he was shit for Leeds - sure we’re not even remotely interested in him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep people forget Mikel Damsgaard looked good at the Euros or world cup whatever one it was and has done zero at Brentford. I would say they both have similar stories aswell. 

Chiesa has been good for Fiorentina and Juventus, Damsgaard was only ever a squad player at Sampdoria so not really an equal comparison.

Whether Chiesa can adapt to the more aggressive higher intensity PL especially after a serious injury is another question entirely.

We will no doubtedly sign a number two keeper as well as a couple forward players, we have 7 weeks left of the window plenty time ABSOLUTELY no reason for panic whatsoever guys 😊

Ramsey injury means we should now be accelerating the Pedro Goncãlves deal and get him through the door quick! £40m plus £6m in add ons and no more than that ! 

Then we go and get Pino or Felix because one other player is ruled out because that stupid club Bilbao have their players under some Suge Knight death row contract where it appears the players are scared to leave.

Death Row was a record label which had the artist Tupac and other label mates had contracts which meant they basically couldn’t just up and leave or they would pay a heavy price in bodily harm 😕 quick run down on that for those confused by the reference 😂…. Having said that Man United lured Ander Herrera away from them. 

• Confused 1

Our left side (Moreno and JJ) won’t start the season.. this would suggest an acceleration in terms of reinforcing the team…

We have players that can “fill in”… but it’s not a mentality or approach I’m fond of… we should be enhancing the team, bringing in competition or upgrades, not squad filler…

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I knew Tupac was alive can’t believe we’re signing him.

That would be a B.I.G. signing! We need a signing that’s a Biggie 😂

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We will no doubtedly sign a number two keeper as well as a couple forward players, we have 7 weeks left of the window plenty time ABSOLUTELY no reason for panic whatsoever guys 😊

Ramsey injury means we should now be accelerating the Pedro Goncãlves deal and get him through the door quick! £40m plus £6m in add ons and no more than that ! 

Then we go and get Pino or Felix because one other player is ruled out because that stupid club Bilbao have their players under some Suge Knight death row contract where it appears the players are scared to leave.

Death Row was a record label which had the artist Tupac and other label mates had contracts which meant they basically couldn’t just up and leave or they would pay a heavy price in bodily harm 😕 quick run down on that for those confused by the reference 😂…. Having said that Man United lured Ander Herrera away from them. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Our left side (Moreno and JJ) won’t start the season.. this would suggest an acceleration in terms of reinforcing the team…

We have players that can “fill in”… but it’s not a mentality or approach I’m fond of… we should be enhancing the team, bringing in competition or upgrades, not squad filler…

Moreno looked yesterday like he was doing well, he might be back by the start of the season.

For what it’s worth I think Cheisa is an excellent player when fit.

No he isn’t that physically blessed but he isn’t playing a position where you have to be. I’d be more worried about injuries personally.

As for Ramsey, not ideal but it’s 10 weeks from now so he will miss about a month. Not the biggest deal in the world 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

I have no idea what any of this means or how it applies to a transfer thread 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Barnes signing for Newcastle for around £35/40m

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/07/newcastle-harvey-barnes-leicester-transfer/

Newcastle United are closing in on the signing of Harvey Barnes and hope to agree a deal with Leicester City for the winger over the next week.

Barnes has been a target of West Ham United, who had been at the front of the queue, and Aston Villa, but Newcastle have stolen a march on their rivals.

Leicester are thought to value Barnes at around £40 million, with Newcastle hoping to pay closer to £35 million, but a deal is expected to be agreed.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, macandally said:

I have no idea what any of this means or how it applies to a transfer thread 🤷‍♀️

Try reading the whole piece with understanding and lighten up ffs 🤝

Edited by RicRic

Of course most read with understanding  but for those confused, i was referring to Nico Williams being the player we can’t get as Bilbao are a awkward club to get players out of and then the reference showing it’s similar to a record label in the 90’s where artists couldn’t leave… there you go 🫡

• Haha 1