Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, lexicon said:

And I don't care what you want. If you say things, people respond, that's how communication works. If you don't want people to call you out when they see fit, don't say anything, least of all bait them with nonsensical terms like 'virtue signalling'. 

Yawn 

Just now, thabucks said:

Do you listen to Michael Jackson or watch woody Allen movies or enjoy Bob Dylan, David Bowies, Rolling Stones songs … all have a chequered past of child grooming and taking advantage of minors, but do you ignore that? Don’t want greenwood near the club but also won’t take the moral high ground 

Why don't you want Greenwood near the club?

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Repeatedly going after the same poster to say the same thing that was just said 20 times.....

Yep, signalling virtue, dropping the white hanky, "think of the children" don't forget to faint.

I imagine you wouldn't have the same reaction if the original post was "how do people feel about signing Harvey Barnes?" and 20 people responded with "no thanks, he's shit".  I imagine you'd not even comment.

BUT MAYBE I'M WRONG.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Why don't you want Greenwood near the club?

Because he needs to earn the right to and redeem his self if possible in the eyes of the public … we don’t need him nor the circus bell bring.

Just now, thabucks said:

Do you listen to Michael Jackson or watch woody Allen movies or enjoy Bob Dylan, David Bowies, Rolling Stones songs … all have a chequered past of child grooming and taking advantage of minors, but do you ignore that? Don’t want greenwood near the club but also won’t take the moral high ground 

Actually, no. A lot of that is to do with personal taste but I also don't tend to separate the person from their body of work - in this case, I don't care that Greenwood is good at football. 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Because he needs to earn the right to and redeem his self if possible in the eyes of the public … we don’t need him nor the circus bell bring.

He's not going to do that on the football pitch. 

• Like 1

Instead of simply not reading things I'm not interested in of my own accord, I prefer to demand people stop speaking about these things full stop.

Edited by Indigo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Instead of simply not reading things I'm not interested in of my own accord, I prefer to demand people stop speaking about these things full stop.

I hope paul replies asking him to stop posting the same thing 20 times - we get it, alright!

Troll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Moving swiftly along.... would be very happy if the reports of us seeking out a loan move for Ferran Torres was true. Think his skillset would compliment Watkins very well as part of the front two, or could play on the wing too in a pinch, and with a relatively low future fee because of Barcelona's position (they are trying to get rid of either Ferran Torres or Fati for registration limit reasons) it makes economical sense too.

Although no very reputable source is reporting it as yet, this one seems to be doing the rounds in the last 24 hours...

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

People are going on about Barnes. Question, as I know very little about him- Isn't he a LW? 

I thought we mainly need a RW/ST?

I think there's a lot of assumptions going on with how Emery is definitely going to set us up going forward based on the ultimately small sample size of his work so far with an unbalanced squad that he inherited from Gerrard, when really we don't know for sure.

Barnes is almost exclusively a LW at this point in his career but seeing as Gerrard hated width outside of the full backs we haven't really had one at the club in Emery's time to know if he'd want to use a player in that position or not. It's what makes this transfer window/pre-season so interesting as we'll probably get more of a firm idea of things as it moves along.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

Just now, Indigo said:

I think there's a lot of assumptions going on with how Emery is definitely going to set us up going forward based on the ultimately small sample size of his work so far with an unbalanced squad that he inherited from Gerrard, when really we don't know for sure.

Barnes is almost exclusively a LW at this point in his career but seeing as Gerrard hated width outside of the full backs we haven't really had one at the club in Emery's time to know if he'd want to use a player in that position or not. It's what makes this transfer window/pre-season so interesting we'll probably get more of a firm idea of things as it moves along.

indeed, one thing we know about emery is he likes to be tactically flexible.

I think we will see the current system, 433 and 4231