Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

This ship seems to have sailed… seemed to be interest in the past but we seem quite well stocked in midfield other than more attack minded players…

We still lack height, aerial ability and physicality though…

46 minutes ago, RicRic said:

—————————-Watkins——————————  
——Goncalves—————————J.Felix———
 ————-Luiz————————-Mcginn————
—————————Kamara———————————   
—-Moreno——Mings——P.Torres——Konsa—
—————————Martinez—————————-

Yeah, we're not playing without Ramsey. Sorry. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This ship seems to have sailed… seemed to be interest in the past but we seem quite well stocked in midfield other than more attack minded players…

Tabloids said we triggered his release clause in Jan. Strikes me as a lazy link regardless. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He’ll be playing plenty but we could see some rotation if we strengthen really well… we’ve got to protect our players from burnout. Will be nice to be able to rest some of them and keep them fresh and on form, and not really have a drop off in terms of quality and contribution.

Won’t be cheap though 💰 

7 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

"There are teams like Aston Villa waiting for the player."

So, West Ham, then. (This is usually the way.)

Did David Cameron write the piece.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

There is an all in cost the market deems the right cost. Transfer Fee, Agents fee, players wages. If the Transfer fee is set low due to a release clause there is more available for the player and his agent. Why in the blue **** would the player want to save Real Madrid 5 or 10 extra million in money instead of him and his family getting it. He could have a career ending injury next week!

Clubs don't give a single **** about the players yet you think the players should for a club who wants to sign them

calm down.

56 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Apparently not though I'd actually be happy if Maddison signed for Spurs because he's shite and wouldn't improve them so good for us

I actually agree with you 😆

Quite often.

But you don’t have to be such a grumpasaurus! 

I don’t like the look of him, not a fan. Expensive, high wages, stupid face 🤣

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

If goncalves has more G/A in him then it would be better if he starts, then again its a different league so who knows but if we are looking to break into that top four then i dont think ramsey as a starter will deliver that consistency to bring us there, admire ramsey hugely but got to think what is better for the club, doesn’t necessarily deserve to be dropped though, only buendia and Bailey should definitely not be a starter.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Be surprised if we end up getting him, because what Benfica would ask for probably isn't worth it for his age and the style of player he is.

He's been absolutely incredible for them and Feyernoord the last two years. They paid £1m and £13m for him respectively the last two summers.

A lesson in improving our scouting.

Hopefully just another link with no substance then 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

And as well Jas we probably dont need that position anymore with tielemans arriving, but your right we lack that aerial height and presence, BUT we are a solid unit in the midfield area as it stands. 

Our focus must now turn to forward options, at least two new wizards need to be joining Ollie in the attack. 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

And as well Jas we probably dont need that position anymore with tielemans arriving, but your right we lack that aerial height and presence, BUT we are a solid unit in the midfield area as it stands. 

Our focus must now turn to forward options, at least two new wizards need to be joining Ollie in the attack. 

It’s all about the attack really… I’m so bloody intrigued to see who Unai actually wants.

I might combust if we sign Chiesa, what a player 🤣 Highly unlikely and probably a nothing link but… let a guy dream!

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If goncalves has more G/A in him then it would be better if he starts, then again its a different league so who knows but if we are looking to break into that top four then i dont think ramsey as a starter will deliver that consistency to bring us there, admire ramsey hugely but got to think what is better for the club, doesn’t necessarily deserve to be dropped though, only buendia and Bailey should definitely not be a starter.

Not that I’ve seen much of Goncalves outside of European games but Ramsey has far and away the higher ceiling and should start every game for us he can.