Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I dont think Nico Williams will leave Bilbao, if you know the story about his parents and his brother Iniaki you will know that Bilbao means the world to his brother. Nicos roadmodel and biggest idol is his brother Iniaki and I just cant see him leaving his brother or Bilbao for that matter. Just IMO of course.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

No thanks, massively overrated and a massive see you next tuesday

Yeah, I think he does seem a bit of a see you next Tuesday, but I think he’s a good player. Would be interesting to see him in really good side… but I doubt we’ll see him here

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

———————Watkins——————————
———————————Torres———————
Guendouzi—Kamara—Ugarte—Asensio

😍

Guendouzi not gonna be enough for where we are heading, asensio is over the hill so not much excitement it just sounds good i guess

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

———————Watkins——————————
———————————Torres———————

😍

I think I'm close to enlightenment just thinking about Torres in that hybrid striker/winger role linking up with Asensio. I reckon there'll only be one signing in midfield though, which if it is a Guendouzi/Ugarte type would place Luiz on the left in that Ramsey role? Another step closer to heaven.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

———————Watkins——————————
———————————Torres———————

😍

can we not replace Watkins in there brother?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Torres and Asensio play in the same position? It would be one or the other surely?

both can play wide or shadow striker type roles, so could easily do both.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Going back to this from earlier on, at one time we would have been keen on Ward-Prowse.

However, as we're now kicking on as a club he probably wouldn't be anymore than a fringe player nowadays.

I think that might also be the case for someone like Harvey Barnes.

The Athletic had an article up about who was best for each of Saints players. They had Ward-Prowse down for us and Newcastle. Personally I don't see where he'd fit in here under Emery we've a lot of similar players and he'd be marginal increase on them rather than the step increase we need.

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone know anything about Baena? 

And now the more I think about it im not sure this alemany guy is the man for us because hes just interested in big name players similar to how chelsea have operated this season bought a bunch of names which failed miserably , i wanted for us to get the guy from I think it was sevilla .. cordon ? Antonio cordon I think the name was correct me if im wrong… seems more stable, careful and precise in the profile of player he would look at. 

i certainly do not want us wasting money which i think we need to be very careful with.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone know anything about Baena? 

Been regular for Villareal this season after a successful loan at Girona last season. Young player Emery obviously knows well