Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am so against buying a striker to compete with Watkins, if we don't give Archer a go at being back up it says a lot to all our youth players and any young player we want to sign, he couldn't have done anymore.

You could look at both ways they have the opportunity to develop at one of the best academies in the country and are given further opportunity to develop through the loan system in contrast to some young players that might be sat in the reserves until they are 22 and then released without an idea of how football is lower down the pyramid . Make what you will of Man City but the money they’ve generated from selling youth players this season alone paid for Haaland and Alvarez.

14 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Ok, I'm gonna do what I said I wouldn't and make some suggestions for one and outs.

Outs: Steer, Olsen, Young, Hause, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Bailey, Coutinho, Davis, Wesley

Ins: Lafont, Dumfries, Pau Torres, Kokcu, Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams, Thuram

That would give us a squad of 22 great players plus several top youngsters. I'm not saying we will make this many changes, or that we can even afford to, but what a squad that would be! Hell, why not get Merino as well just to be safe. Squad of 23 (24 with Archer).

Martinez          Lafont

Dumfries          Cash

Carlos               Konsa

Pau Torres       Mings

Moreno            Digne

Kamara            Dendoncker

Luiz                   Guendouzi

McGinn             Kokcu

Goncalves        Ramsey

Buendia            Williams

Watkins            Thuram

Would certainly love Pau Torres here, but Mings plays over all of those CB's on 2023 form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'd like to think we would move on from Tammy.

United are looking at him apparently, if hw si good enough for them he certainly is good enough for us. Also will excellent competition for ollie

We are one ollie injury away from disaster 

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

United are looking at him apparently, if hw si good enough for them he certainly is good enough for us. Also will excellent competition for ollie

Roma want 70 million which is crazy for what would be our back up striker

9 goals, 5 assists in 45 games this season is dreadful

Just now, Zatman said:

Roma want 70 million which is crazy for what would be our back up striker

9 goals, 5 assists in 45 games this season is dreadful

I would not pay 70m for him and i highly doubt the club will go for him at that price. Half or just over that price i think is a good deal. Any more than 40m look elsewhere 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I would not pay 70m for him and i highly doubt the club will go for him at that price. Half or just over that price i think is a good deal. Any more than 40m look elsewhere 

Roma are quoting 70 to teams as thats Chelseas buyback clause

The centre back situation is an interesting one. Konsa and Mings have looked superb together under Emery, I just don't think he'd want to break that up. Then obviously you have an expensive Diego Carlos on the bench. Not sure we'll look to spend in this position in the Summer. It would take a lot of money to find a centre half better than those 3 and given we have more pressing needs, we may leave that area of the squad alone. 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Roma are quoting 70 to teams as thats Chelseas buyback clause

No one is paying that unless chelsea get desperate again but even they can't do it now with FFP mess they are in.

They obviously thought they would make a handsome profit on him but hanst worked out that way as im a big fan of his but not at 70m.  Thats ridiculous. You would then sayb ollies in the 90-100m bracket of tammys worth that!

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is paying that unless chelsea get desperate again but even they can't do it now with FFP mess they are in.

They obviously thought they would make a handsome profit on him but hanst worked out that way as im a big fan of his but not at 70m.  Thats ridiculous. You would then sayb ollies in the 90-100m bracket of tammys worth that!

Chelsea supposedly has a buy back clause for Tammy.

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The centre back situation is an interesting one. Konsa and Mings have looked superb together under Emery, I just don't think he'd want to break that up. Then obviously you have an expensive Diego Carlos on the bench. Not sure we'll look to spend in this position in the Summer. It would take a lot of money to find a centre half better than those 3 and given we have more pressing needs, we may leave that area of the squad alone. 

Likewise I can’t see us spending big on another experienced central defender as we already have one on the bench. I also think we’re only one bad injury away from looking light there.

I think ideally we’d have some highly rated youngster who would be content to act as a squad member for the next couple of years. Duran, but in defence, ideally with a touch more experience.

Or we pick up a more experienced defender for less, a trusty pro who could step if needed. Ashley Young-esque.

I kinda feel it’s the same dynamic for a back up keeper. Highly rated youngster or experienced pro.

Easier said than done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd like to think we go for a striker with other facets to their game and can offer something different to what we already have.

I'd like us to sign a physical type that can bring others into play, for example in the 4 - 4 - 2 instead of the lightweight Buendia who gets bullied by Casemiro we could play a more physical striker up top with Watkins a bit deeper to feed off the scraps.

Tammy also wouldn't come here to sit on the bench he'd want to be the main man.

Edited by AshVilla

Of all the teams, why on earth would you want to emulate Man Utd's recruitment, Dem? 

They overpay massively for average players that happen to have a name because their recruitment is largely shit. Man Utd being after Abraham is no endorsement of him at all. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

IF we make Europe, and we were genuinely interested in Joao Felix, we should pursue that. He may still want CL, which is fine, but he'd be perfect in our set up. 

Yeah i think felix would be superb under emery. Bet he regrets rejecting us for them

Be good if we got europe we can have the pick of better players than Chelsea can most wanna get out if there

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Of all the teams, why on earth would you want to emulate Man Utd's recruitment, Dem? 

They overpay massively for average players that happen to have a name because their recruitment is largely shit. Man Utd being after Abraham is no endorsement of him at all. 

Im not saying emulate im saying if he is good enough them for them than we shouldnt be turning our noses up if the price is right.

If the going rate for him is 70m thers is noway we should be pursuing that deal

And just to confirm i actualky agree with united have invested money very poorly. Honestly without bruno i think they would be midtable

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think it's good for Archer sitting on the bench every week.

It’s either that or a loan to a PL club he has proved himself in the championship now and if we buy some expensive striker he is never going to get the chance here 

29 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Likewise I can’t see us spending big on another experienced central defender as we already have one on the bench. I also think we’re only one bad injury away from looking light there.

I think ideally we’d have some highly rated youngster who would be content to act as a squad member for the next couple of years. Duran, but in defence, ideally with a touch more experience.

Or we pick up a more experienced defender for less, a trusty pro who could step if needed. Ashley Young-esque.

I kinda feel it’s the same dynamic for a back up keeper. Highly rated youngster or experienced pro.

Easier said than done.

I think there’s a bit of a gap in our defence at the moment as Mings and Carlos are both 30, Konsa is 25.

Feeney and the other kids are some way off the first team so I’d like us to go for a couple of 20-23 year old players that can bridge the gap a bit. 

I’ve already mentioned Inacio as the young lefty to provide Mings cover but I think the RB/CB should also provide cover at CBR too, someone like Timber, Antonio Silva or Geertruida would be good options although Timber would be expensive, as would A. Silva.

Get these in and we’d be set defensively for a number of years whilst the promising youngsters develop.