Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

28 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think we will sign between three and five players (maybe plus some up and coming prospects). The areas that I think we’ll target, in order of importance, are 10, left mid, right mid, right back, right sided centre back. I think we’ll go for quality and thus we may only sign three of those positions listed. 
The really great thing is, we will be building from a position of relative strength for the first time in years. We have a decent team, who know their roles well and perform pretty well most weeks. We now need to focus on slowing adding real quality. Throw in a few of the youngsters and we are starting to really build a special squad. Obviously the key is keeping Emery but I can see him being here for years. Good times.

Very similar thinking to me.

I think we will get the 10 a wide midfielder and right back for sure.

• Like 1

For me I think we need more players on Buendia’s wavelength, no disrespect to JJ and McGinn but I’m not sure they’re the players for this. 

If we had a LM and RM that were technical and good passes of the ball we’d be a completely different animal, with Buendia in behind Watkins.

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

For me I think we need more players on Buendia’s wavelength, no disrespect to JJ and McGinn but I’m not sure they’re the players for this. 

If we had a LM and RM that were technical and good passes of the ball we’d be a completely different animal, with Buendia in behind Watkins.

JJ and McGinn were both excellent against Newcastle. They had an off day today, nothing more.

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

JJ and McGinn were both excellent against Newcastle. They had an off day today, nothing more.

You happy with them and no one else in those positions next season? I’d like to see some quality competition brought in to push these two personally.

Soyuncu is available on a free at the end of the season. He’s still fairly young and before he fell out with Rogers, he was one of Leicester’s best players. I would love to see him in a villa shirt. He will be a great signing for someone.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Soyuncu is available on a free at the end of the season. He’s still fairly young and before he fell out with Rogers, he was one of Leicester’s best players. I would love to see him in a villa shirt. He will be a great signing for someone.

Only on 45k a week according to several salary sites

• Like 1

I think If I had to choose today I would go for

Reserve Keeper - Navas https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/keylor-navas/profil/spieler/79422
Right back - Wan Bissaka https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-wan-bissaka/profil/spieler/477758
Wide Midfielder - Otavio https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/otavio/profil/spieler/231289

Number 10 (Player behind Ollie) - Goncalves https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pedro-goncalves/profil/spieler/426620

If there was anything left in the pot I would have another wide midfielder

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

Coutinho out - Lee kang-in In

Bailey out - Nico Williams In

Sanson & Nakamba out - Guendouzi in

Young out - Wan Bissaka In

Olsen out - Anyone else in

I guess it depends on any European competition we might have, but do we need more squad changes than that? Especially as we will have our championship youngsters fighting for squad places

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’m not sure he’d be an option as he’s on 90k, good keeper though.

I have to admit I have no idea who we’ll target for the backup, I’d like Fabianski at West Ham but he’s their first choice so doubtful he’d play second fiddle to Emi

1 hour ago, alexvilla4 said:

Coutinho out - Lee kang-in In

Is that much on an upgrade? I’d argue a fit Coutinho is on par (if not better) than Lee Kang-In. 

I agree @paul514 on your positions but I think the RB will be a RB/CB that can cover both the fullback and CB position, similar to Chambers but loads better quality (not suggesting him as he’d cost a bomb and he’s a short arse but Timber at Ajax)

I wouldn’t have Goncalves as the SS though, I’d have him as the left wide midfielder. 

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

JJ is a talented youngster who will get better but he is not consistent enough at the moment to be starting every week. He’s certainly a great bench option though and a good option as an infrequent starter.

In current form, McGinn is the first name on the team sheet but he does have long periods of poor form. He needs competition for his position.

If we are serious about challenging for Europe, which we are, we will need better options. JJ and Ginny will still have significant roles to play for sure.

• Like 1

GK - Emi, NEW

RB - NEW, Cash 

LB - Moreno, Digne 

CB - Mings, Carlos, Konsa, Chambers 

CM - Kamara, Luiz, Donk, Iregobunam

Wide Mid - NEW, Buendia, McGinn, JJ, A. Ramsey 

Winger/Striker - NEW, Watkins, NEW, Bailey, Archer 

5 new signings - 4 first teamers. 

13 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

GK - Emi, NEW

RB - NEW, Cash 

LB - Moreno, Digne 

Duran?

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

GK - Emi, NEW

RB - NEW, Cash 

LB - Moreno, Digne 

I'd agree there, as long as we get a RB/RCB type player as I feel Chambers isn't able to play one of the CB roles on a consistent basis as he lacks the recovery pace. I feel with Young still in the squad we've the right mix if we add that 1 new type player

11 hours ago, M_Afro said:

No he is dreadful, guy constantly makes mistakes

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

JJ is a talented youngster who will get better but he is not consistent enough at the moment to be starting every week. He’s certainly a great bench option though and a good option as an infrequent starter.

That’s doing him a massive disservice, yes he can be a little inconsistent, but he should be starting 8/10 games for me. 

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

That’s doing him a massive disservice, yes he can be a little inconsistent, but he should be starting 8/10 games for me. 

I don’t agree. Putting sentiment to one side, JJ struggles to perform consistently over 90 minutes. His involvement in the game is too sporadic for someone who plays such a key position. He’s hopefully going to become the player we need but he’s not there just yet.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No he is dreadful, guy constantly makes mistakes

That’s an interesting view. Have you seen him play much? I live in Leicester and the City fans love him.

There are strong rumours that he may be off to Atletico. They don’t go big on dreadful defenders. Their entire philosophy is based upon having an impenetrable defence.