Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I'd 100% take Kyle Walker if we could get him for a reasonable price. Him and Cash as options as defensive RB is solid. Sign a youngster in that position too as the long term project. 

There's some good business to be had this summer from free agents and the Chelsea zoo. Could be some bargains. I'd take Pulisic for example...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Someone mentioned Gabri Veiga at Celta Vigo a few pages back (can’t remember who), he’d be a good cheaper, younger (20) highly rated option at RM. 

He has a 35m release clause too. 

City in for him sadly.

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not downplaying what he done, but other than that he looks like he’s lost a step in pace probably due to his injuries.

Why on earth would we want that? 

30 minutes ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

I'd 100% take Kyle Walker if we could get him for a reasonable price. Him and Cash as options as defensive RB is solid. Sign a youngster in that position too as the long term project. 

There's some good business to be had this summer from free agents and the Chelsea zoo. Could be some bargains. I'd take Pulisic for example...

Good god no, absolute scumbag

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People keep suggesting players that are significant upgrades on Bailey but they have similarly end products compared to Bailey and playing in apparently weaker leagues

I think that NAS and Wes are seeing and enjoying the benefits of an elite manager. I’d imagine that in the  not too distant future they will want to see what an elite director of football can bring. As will of course Unai too. 

Since the current director of football and the previous first team manager we’re both appointed by the current CEO, would it be an outrageous thought that there may also be an upgrade in that department on the cards too?

15 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I doubt we would even entertain the idea, it would be a dent in the good vibes around the club at the moment. I personally wouldn’t want him here at all.

Good good. We can’t be taking others teams cast-offs because they have become less effective, just makes no sense as a business model. We want players who at the top of their game now who are going to allow us to push on. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

City in for him sadly.

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooo, has that been reported in the media?

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Someone mentioned Gabri Veiga at Celta Vigo a few pages back (can’t remember who), he’d be a good cheaper, younger (20) highly rated option at RM. 

He has a 35m release clause too. 

He's THE hottest prospect in Europe right now and is linked to every top club in the rags.  He's having a monster season at Vigo and it's an absolute certainty he's off in a big money move this summer.  I think City will be going for Bellingham this summer and Veiga would be the backup option if they don't get him.  Man United/Liverpool will want him for their midfields too, as I don't think they can afford Belllingham, well as Real/Barca/Atletico...  The only way we stand a chance at signing him is if Emery sells him a dream, we pay him 200k+/week, and we somehow pull off Champions League qualification.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's THE hottest prospect in Europe right now and is linked to every top club in the rags.  He's having a monster season at Vigo and it's an absolute certainty he's off in a big money move this summer.  I think City will be going for Bellingham this summer and Veiga would be the backup option if they don't get him.  Man United/Liverpool will want him for their midfields too, as I don't think they can afford Belllingham, well as Real/Barca/Atletico...  The only way we stand a chance at signing him is if Emery sells him a dream, we pay him 200k+/week, and we somehow pull off Champions League qualification.  

You think he'd play as one of the 10s for us? Or as the DM?

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You think he'd play as one of the 10s for us? Or as the DM?

Definitely the 10 spot...  He's so good.  Reminds me of of a young Spanish Steven Gerrard whenever I've seen him play.  His long shots are incredibly powerful.  

image.thumb.png.2560eab930bf633830c8b37033e7d115.png

• Like 1