New Music 2023

Xann

I’m sure @chrisp65 is just as excited as it’s only one week until Das Koolies (SFA minus Gruff Rhys) release their debut album.

Seriously hope they have a national tour in consideration too. 

Also released next week is A Life Diagramatic by John - a terrific drum and guitar two piece band. 

• Like 1

I've not gotten round to listening to any of them yet, but I've got the Empire State Bastard debut (a frankly ludicrous conglomerate of talent in Mike Vennart, Simon Neil and Dave Lombardo), the new Slowdive and the new Explosions In The Sky queued up for tonight.  It's gonna be a reet good 'un.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I've not gotten round to listening to any of them yet, but I've got the Empire State Bastard debut (a frankly ludicrous conglomerate of talent in Mike Vennart, Simon Neil and Dave Lombardo), the new Slowdive and the new Explosions In The Sky queued up for tonight.  It's gonna be a reet good 'un.

Empire State Bastard is class :D you're in for a treat. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2023 at 13:54, theboyangel said:

I’m sure @chrisp65 is just as excited as it’s only one week until Das Koolies (SFA minus Gruff Rhys) release their debut album.

Seriously hope they have a national tour in consideration too. 

Also released next week is A Life Diagramatic by John - a terrific drum and guitar two piece band. 

Yep, got mine on order, but I’m not expecting great great things. I’ll be happy if it’s just perfectly ok. I’ve had a good run of stuff being better than expected and I don’t want to jinx it.

Having said all that, I do have next Friday off so it’ll get a proper listen. If it ends up my top 10 at the end of the year I’ll be a happy boy. Hoping for some hard uncompromising knob twiddling techno somewhere on there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More fantastic Satanic Doo-Wop from the brilliant Twin Temple. They've smashed that 'difficult' second album out the park.

Nailed on (lol) to be amongst my AOTY.

spacer.png

Edited by Designer1

Literally heard this for the first time about ten minutes ago while I happened to have Jools Holland on in the background (I almost never watch Jools).

It was out earlier in the year. Rather like it. The chorus is sweary.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Literally heard this for the first time about ten minutes ago while I happened to have Jools Holland on in the background (I almost never watch Jools).

It was out earlier in the year. Rather like it. The chorus is sweary.

Saw them in the summer at a festival. Very confident stage presence for a new band.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Andre 3000 of OutKast is back again, not rapping this time though. He’s made a project that consists of him playing wind instruments. I’m looking forward to listening to the whole project, it will be a producers dream sampling some of these sounds from him.

Â