Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)

I think if we get an offer north of £25-30m then he's gone. Though, not sure we would. 

Edited by PieFacE

I have very a very tenuous link to someone who works for Chelsea.

The little snippets I've heard are:

1.Jhon Duran is a real target they like him a lot. He fits the profile of the type of player they want to bring to the club as he is young with a very high ceiling.

2. Last year they seriously put forward Ollie Watkins as a signing but no bid was made because he was considered to old.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Pretty much this.  Players of Duran's age grew up with Chelsea being one of the very best teams in the world for a long time, it's why the like of Caicedo went there instead of Liverpool.

Yeah though didn't really work in the 90s and 00s for us though with players brought up on Villa winning the league and European championship. The only player I remember saying that was Patrik Burger.

Edited by The Fun Factory

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah though didn't really work in the 90s and 00s for us though with players brought up on Villa winning the league and European championship. The only player I remember saying that was Patrik Burger.

Yeah, the team that did that in the 90s and 00 was Man Utd, not us 🤣

22 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's not getting anymore minutes for Chelsea with Jackson and Nkunku there.

I think he's got a bit of a boner for them as he grew up with them being good - same as Carney. 

If he wants to scratch that itch, then fine, as long as they stump up a serious bit of cash so we can make a good profit on him. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I think he's got a bit of a boner for them as he grew up with them being good - same as Carney. 

If he wants to scratch that itch, then fine, as long as they stump up a serious bit of cash so we can make a good profit on him. 

I've no real feeling on him leaving or staying.  He could be a great player so if he stays, great.  If he wants to go to Chelsea, then also great, we rinse them for every penny we can get.

I've a feeling he might kick up a bit of a fuss next season, his reputation has grown so will be expecting more game time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I've no real feeling on him leaving or staying.  He could be a great player so if he stays, great.  If he wants to go to Chelsea, then also great, we rinse them for every penny we can get.

I've a feeling he might kick up a bit of a fuss next season, his reputation has grown so will be expecting more game time.

As you got at here, his lack of patience is his biggest problem. He's clearly not ready yet, as we've seen when he's started games and not been particularly impactful - so he needs to put his trust 100% into his world-class manager and get his head down. 

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

As you got at here, his lack of patience is his biggest problem. He's clearly not ready yet, as we've seen when he's started games and not been particularly impactful - so he needs to put his trust 100% into his world-class manager and get his head down. 

I think when John McGinn said he's a nightmare....he was referring to him not Listening to UE and doing his own thing.

He scores some great goals, technically gifted striker of the ball, but you have t be a team player, too...... not sure he is.

So many things we are not privvy to.....I just trust the manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think when John McGinn said he's a nightmare....he was referring to him not Listening to UE and doing his own thing.

He scores some great goals, technically gifted striker of the ball, but you have t be a team player, too...... not sure he is.

So many things we are not privvy to.....I just trust the manager.

It's a lot easier to impact a game coming off the bench against tired opposition, which I think is possibly inflating JD's opinion of himself (if reports are to be believed). 

Like you, I trust Emery and whatever he thinks his best, I'll back. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Could be the real deal, but undoubtedly very high maintenance. Probably a very high ceiling (£70+) but can we keep him happy enough to sign a new contract before he reaches that, and can we realistically offer him enough meaningful development minutes given the single striker system and jeopardy of every game we play?

I am really excited about just how good he could become and how much of a handful he is for opposition, so for £14m think he is someone we keep and develop.

However, given the maintenance and risk that he forces a move on  his terms if a decent offer transpires an early sale makes sense. I would hope we could realistically get £40-50m given the precedents in the league (Hojlund  - 21y.o. £74m; Palmer - 22y.o. £42m; Gordon - 22y.o. £45m)? The latter two deals are probably regretted by the selling club....

Edited by thunderball

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Could be the real deal, but undoubtedly very high maintenance. Probably a very high ceiling (£70+) but can we keep him happy enough to sign a new contract before he reaches that, and can we realistically offer him enough meaningful development minutes given the single striker system and jeopardy of every game we play?

I am really excited about just how good he could become and how much of a handful he is for opposition, so for £14m think he is someone we keep and develop.

However, given the maintenance and risk that he forces a move on  his terms if a decent offer transpires an early sale makes sense. I would hope we could realistically get £40-50m given the precedents in the league (Hojlund  - 21y.o. £74m; Palmer - 22y.o. £42m; Gordon - 22y.o. £45m)?

Only Unai will know, whether its worth, trying to develop him or let him go.....We don't really know the behind the scenes issues, he does.

I trust the Boss, to do what's best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

We’ve also signed another young Colombian so maybe they can strike a friendship and help each other out…

....or it could be like when Fred West met Rose?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

....or it could be like when Fred West met Rose?

do you mean a match made in Hell?

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah we were lucky enough to be losing star players to the likes of Middlesbrough FFS 🤦🏾‍♂️

Â