Jhon Durán

PieFacE

As expected, absolutely no where near he needs to be in terms of touch, control and ability. Tbh I found his performance a bit embarrassing. 
Not his fault and he probably has some decent potential but for a squad looking to get top 7, again I just don’t understand what UE sees in him. 
I want to be proved completely wrong but I’ll say it again, if OW is out for any length of time we cannot rely on the kid at all. I just hope that Zaniolo will be able to play up there in that scenario, although he’s never really done it before. Concerning. 

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If Watkins has a long term injury the line up will be tweaked to play Diaby or zaniolo up top, it won't be duran

He comes on for Watkins most games and started ahead in the Europa when he was rested

Why wont he play

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

There's a difference between giving him opportunities at the end of games and vs opposition that's his level and starting a run of PL games for us

100%. Look, UE has prob forgotten more about football than I have ever known in my 47 years, the guy is a top, top level manager - he’s fantastic …..I just don’t understand what he has seen in JD at all??? Yes he’s physical and has a bit about him but technically he is poor and clearly has very little football intelligence. Unai believes he is good enough to be Ollie’s back up…..that staggers me but, as I have said, he wouldn’t have kept Duran in the squad without good reason. 
At the moment, I cannot for the life of me see it or understand it. I just hope to god that Unai’s called this one right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Might have scored or done better in the form that he showed yesterday 

He touched the ball less than any other player and 2 shots end up as goals against one of worst teams in league who Duran scored against in late cameo. People being ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He touched the ball less than any other player and 2 shots end up as goals against one of worst teams in league who Duran scored against in late cameo. People being ridiculous. 

Not being ridiculous 

Tell me how many league games archer started for us? None of us know how he would have done. But i bet of he had the cahnces ollies had he scores more than ollie does

• Haha 1

He's still very much a child and pretty petulant. He'll grow up and get better but I don't think he should be starting games tbh because he's still more interested in acting like a boy rather than a man. Reminds me of a younger version of Richarlison at Spurs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not being ridiculous 

Tell me how many league games archer started for us? None of us know how he would have done. But i bet of he had the cahnces ollies had he scores more than ollie does

I like archer... He really doesn't

I think people are deluding themselves if they think Archer could lead the line in this team. Archer works much better when he has a foil or someone to play off. He's just not big enough to lead the line in Emery's system which is why Duran is about still. Diaby, Zaniolo..... Archer isn't getting in over either player as a second forward.

I think Jhon is only going to improve. He's a mighty and strong forward. He wasn't great today. Stating that shouldn't make people angry.

I wish we'd bought another striker so he wasn't getting put on the spot in such high-pressure games. Age 19. Wow. I don't care about his mild theatrics deeply one way or another if he's contributing positively to the squad, but it's not a great look if we're losing -- still, who really cares? It's irrelevant, if he's not carded. Plenty of melodramatic players out there, but ideally, as with someone like Super Mario, you also get goals along with the laughs.

Either way, Jhon's now a core player for us for the next three months at least, and that's that. I'm going to choose to be supportive (I say sententiously) -- not that that matters either. 😁

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I’m not a mod so not here to tell people what to post, and I love Archer and wish we hadn’t sold him…

…but do I really need to brace myself for a year+ of the thread about an exciting Colombian youth prospect to be a comparison of him to Archer, as if it was a binary choice between them? 

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not a mod so not here to tell people what to post, and I love Archer and wish we hadn’t sold him…

…but do I really need to brace myself for a year+ of the thread about an exciting Colombian youth prospect to be a comparison of him to Archer, as if it was a binary choice between them? 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

You don't think Archer's a better finisher than Ollie?

Yes I do

I don't think he's a better player though, not even close

Archer doesn't get those chances that Ollie gets because his positioning, movement or ability to play off the defender isn't as good

Archer would not score as many goals as Watkins let alone have the overall impact on us as what Watkins does

I think archers better than duran and selling him is the wrong decision but trying to compare him with Watkins is daft

• Like 2

He’s raw and makes bad choices. But he did more today than Watkins did. He managed to stretch the defence and he was getting himself into positions where his team mates could find him.

Watkins is obviously the better player and won’t be usurped as the no1 striker, but I would be more concerned about him today than Duran.

• Like 1

Â